My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Hard drive replacement

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

conners

If I were to replace my HDR1010 hard drive with a new one, or one from my old Sky HD box, do I need to (re)format it or will my box take care of that?

Thanks

| Fri 30 Sep 2016 20:10:36 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

conners - 8 minutes ago  » 
    If I were to replace my HDR1010 hard drive with a new one, or one from my old Sky HD box, do I need to (re)format it or will my box take care of that?
    Thanks

Assuming the drive is suitable and you have deleted all existing partitions on it. Then Yes.

| Fri 30 Sep 2016 20:20:26 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

conners

What would happen if I formatted the hard drive in windows, would that make it unusable in my humax box?

| Sat 1 Oct 2016 12:46:34 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

conners - 2 hours ago  » 
    What would happen if I formatted the hard drive in windows, would that make it unusable in my humax box?

From memory you would need to create multiple partitions of varying sizes - much simpler to delete all existing partitions and let the Humax do what it wants.

| Sat 1 Oct 2016 15:03:34 #4 |
  5. Davy

Davy

special member

I replaced my hard drive myself with a 2TB one over 6 months ago, might be longer though.
    Was a simple matter of buying a new one, removing old one from the box, replacing with the 2TB and started it up.
    Box formatted the drive itself and started no problem at all once it had done installing what needed to be done.
    Have had no problems at all since doing this. Amazing the amount that can be recorded on it compared to the 1tb that was on it originally, so let the machine do it itself.
    Was going to use one from my old Sky box but bought a new one instead...

| Sun 2 Oct 2016 23:29:26 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.