My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Harmony remote problem.

(3 posts)
  1. fixerman

fixerman

I recently bought a Logitech Harmony One+ remote. I have discovered that there is a problem setting up an "activity" using my Humax freesat PVR. When the remote sends a power on signal to the tv, amp and humax, the Humax fails to turn on. I have read on another forum that this is a common problem. The Humax responds normally to a direct signal from the remote, it's just when multiple devices are involved that the Humax fails to power up. Strangely it does power down from an activity ok!

Anybody had any experience of this?

| Fri 17 Aug 2012 7:21:55 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrissaf

Yes I have a Harmony One and experienced this problem with my HDR. I tried all sort of things to get the H1 to power up the HDR ie. playing around with delay timings etc and any other things I could think off - none worked reliably.

I did eventually find a solution. For some reason the HDR will power up if you press the 'zero' number key twice on the remote. So if you assign two consecutive 'zeros' to the power on HDR command on the Harmony One all will be sorted. As far as I can recall, the HDR power down command still works as per the default H1 configuration. It's only the power up that has the problem.

| Fri 17 Aug 2012 8:46:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrissaf

Addendum to my first reply.

To the best of my memory this is the way to assign the two zeros to the HDR Power On command using the Harmony One PC software.

Go to the 'Activities' tab.
    For the 'Watch Freesat' activity (or whatever you have called the activity that needs to power on the HDR) click on 'Customize Buttons'.
    Select (if not already) 'Standard Buttons' tab.
    At the bottom of the 'Standard Buttons' tab screen click 'Add Sequence'.
    On the next screen type two zeros in left hand box.
    Select PVR (HDR) in middle pull down box.
    Select 'Power On' in right hand side command pull down box.
    Then click 'DONE' and follow on screen prompts to copy commands to H1.

| Fri 17 Aug 2012 9:10:42 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.