My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Harmony ultimate one remote success

(10 posts)
  1. barrados

barrados

Been trying to setup my remote
    If I search for
    Manufacturer Humax and put the model number in, I get no results!
    But if I put Aura in as the model, then I ended up with a fully functioning remote.

I'm sure this will work for other harmony remotes too.
    Hope this helps.

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 14:50:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

barrados - 5 hours ago  » 
    Been trying to setup my remote
    If I search for
    Manufacturer Humax and put the model number in, I get no results!
    But if I put Aura in as the model, then I ended up with a fully functioning remote.
    I'm sure this will work for other harmony remotes too.
    Hope this helps.

That was my experience, too.
    I think it must depend on what the first person to submit a device to the Harmony database enters. I thought about sticking with FVP-4KGTR but then I would have had to deal with Harmony support, who I've found to be helpful in the past, and I just wanted to get on with configuring my remote.

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 19:57:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

I have a harmony 665 and did the same and works fine, but the ir signal is really bad to the point I have to point the remote to the device and stretch my arm fully at an angle for it to work. All my other ir devices work perfect.

Anyone else have this issue with the harmony remote?

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 23:11:28 #3 |
  4. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

A5ian300zx - 7 hours ago  » 
    I have a harmony 665 and did the same and works fine, but the ir signal is really bad to the point I have to point the remote to the device and stretch my arm fully at an angle for it to work. All my other ir devices work perfect.
    Anyone else have this issue with the harmony remote?

I have a 665 and I agree the ir seems very directional compared with my other devices

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 7:05:51 #4 |
  5. barrados

barrados

I have to agree, after using the harmony last night it does seem as if the infrared signal is at a reduced power, or is it the aura box lacking a decent infrared receiver.

Will have another play with it later when I have more time and see whats what.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 8:31:08 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

Ok, just tested this further.

If you use the remote that comes with aura in IR mode only then you get the same issue (Bluetooth is fine).

Now when I use my harmony elite in IR mode then no issues as the harmony elite comes with a central IR blaster hub.

I tried to add pic of IR port but does not seem to allow uploading pics. It is located to the left in the middle of the grill when looking at the unit head on.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 9:09:43 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

This might be unrelated but I unpaired the bluetooth option of the aura remote and the IR seems to be better. Might just be me but now I just point to the general direction and it works.

With the harmony elite I can point the other direction and still works

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 9:34:35 #7 |
  8. barrados

barrados

If you point your harmony remote at your phones camera, you can see the infrared light when you press the buttons.

Some on mine are bright and crisp, and some are not so good and weak.
    Long press on some buttons are erratic.

I might unpair the Bluetooth original remote tonight and learn all the infrared signals from fresh, then they are direct from the original remote, and see what, if any difference it makes.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 10:03:54 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

Thanks for the tip, I wanted to check the delays on the harmony to see if that makes a difference.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 12:55:34 #9 |
  10. barrados

barrados

A5ian300zx - 30 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for the tip, I wanted to check the delays on the harmony to see if that makes a difference.

I've changed the "inter key delays" right from max to min, but didn't have any effect on the performance

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 13:27:26 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.