My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Has anyone tried Stadia with Aura?

(11 posts)
  1. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

Has anyone tried stadia controller with Aura?
    Either stream games from phone to Chromecast on Aura or using the Stadia APK?

Thanks

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 9:33:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

Not that I know of, I could side load it and try. Only problem is I got rid of stadia so have no controller to try the Bluetooth out

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 15:34:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

I've side loaded the latest apk and it's launching. I'm yet to login as I haven't got the time to test with the kids running laps round me.

I'll get back once I've tried it. I expect it to be like most Android TV versions, with crashes etc.

I'll also try casting it but not holding out on that working.

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 21:04:54 #3 |
  4. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

Crewitt - 7 mins ago  » 
    I've side loaded the latest apk and it's launching. I'm yet to login as I haven't got the time to test with the kids running laps round me.
    I'll get back once I've tried it. I expect it to be like most Android TV versions, with crashes etc.

Just an update - the app does work but requires a mouse to click get started. Had an Ethernet plugged into the Aura and noticed there is definitely lag problems. Shoot gun, hear it 2 seconds after.

On the CCU there is zero lag even wireless. So I wouldn’t recommend Aura for Stadia, unless the app improves when it officially comes to AndroidTV.

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 21:15:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

Shaunhoare - 11 mins ago  » 

Crewitt - 7 mins ago  » 

Just an update - the app does work but requires a mouse to click get started. Had an Ethernet plugged into the Aura and noticed there is definitely lag problems. Shoot gun, hear it 2 seconds after.
    On the CCU there is zero lag even wireless. So I wouldn’t recommend Aura for Stadia, unless the app improves when it officially comes to AndroidTV.

Yeah I'll check that, did you make sure your TV was in game mode when you tested the lag?

I'll be checking on 5ghz so will see how stable it is on that.

Im surprised Stadia, being Google hasn't implemented Google TV support yet.

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 21:30:47 #5 |
  6. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

Crewitt - 4 mins ago  » 

Crewitt - 7 mins ago  » 

Yeah I'll check that, did you make sure your TV was in game mode when you tested the lag?

Tried 5ghz and Ethernet and on both it was either pixelated or felt out of sync(lag), plugged in chromecast that came with it and it was not pixelated at all and ran 60fps smooth. Strange on Google’s part. Wonder if it’s a connection problem or an app problem..

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 21:37:04 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

Shaunhoare - 4 mins ago  » 

Crewitt - 4 mins ago  » 

Crewitt - 7 mins ago  » 

Tried 5ghz and Ethernet and on both it was either pixelated or felt out of sync(lag), plugged in chromecast that came with it and it was not pixelated at all and ran 60fps smooth. Strange on Google’s part. Wonder if it’s a connection problem or an app problem..

Considering the app is mobile, its safe to say its a optimising issue on the app side. I'm not sure if Aura supports VP9 and its defaulting to the h.264 codec, which would make it more sensitive being a higher stream rate.

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 21:45:56 #7 |
  8. Shaunhoare

Shaunhoare

Crewitt - 20 hours ago  » 

Crewitt - 4 mins ago  » 

Crewitt - 7 mins ago  » 

Considering the app is mobile, its safe to say its a optimising issue on the app side. I'm not sure if Aura supports VP9 and its defaulting to the h.264 codec, which would make it more sensitive being a higher stream rate.

Did you try sidelining it in the end?

I’d imagine the Aura has better hardware than a chromecast. One weird thing is the Shield apparently works nearly flawless like a chromecast. So it does make me wonder if it’s something to do with the Aura in some way - maybe the Ethernet port or Download/Upload speed? Hmm

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 18:38:20 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

Shaunhoare - 5 hours ago  » 

Crewitt - 20 hours ago  » 

Crewitt - 4 mins ago  » 

Crewitt - 7 mins ago  » 

Did you try sidelining it in the end?
    I’d imagine the Aura has better hardware than a chromecast. One weird thing is the Shield apparently works nearly flawless like a chromecast. So it does make me wonder if it’s something to do with the Aura in some way - maybe the Ethernet port or Download/Upload speed? Hmm

I got it sideloaded, logged in using a mouse and booted a game. I was on WiFi 5ghz.

I watched the crew 2 intro with no hiccups, but I can't test a controller currently as I don't have one lying around. I'll get one from a neighbour shortly to test.

You can't cast from the stadia app.

| Tue 2 Feb 2021 0:12:44 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

I've got a controller today and will test tomorrow as I'm working late now.

| Tue 2 Feb 2021 17:51:06 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.