My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Have Now Opened 2000T For Close Inspection.

(43 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 26 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 
    It's such a pity there's no facility on the forum for uploading an audio file then we could listen to what minstrel can here.

No reason why the file can't be uploaded to a free file share site and then downloaded.
    Perhaps we might start a trend, the loudest hard disk of any forum member
    Mind you I suspect that I don't have enough audio gain to record zilch from any of my kit with internal hard drives.

That's a good idea re: upload to file sharing site.

| Sun 5 Feb 2017 21:21:53 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

I thought about doing a You Tube video but I dont have pro equipment for the recording so its a question of what you would hear without it very close up. It would have to be done right or I would just get comments saying can't hear a thing and what are you on about

My hearing is not over sensitive after years of gigs and loud headphones.

I will try and get some proof by swapping hard drives but it's a question of what I want to show.

Do I want to show its noiser that other Seagate drives with the same model number proving this was a faulty batch of 2000Ts?

Do I want to show that a different Seagate drive model number is quieter?

Do I go Western Digital or other brand?

Do I want to show that a 2.5 drive is a quieter and effective option? Anything with a damped caddy will be a huge bonus

I feel that any hard drive is going to get a tougher time with this mounting and thin casing.

At the moment I have been working on trying to quieten down what Im hearing at present. Minimal time and cost is my first aim although Ive spent the best part of two days on it so far.

As a private individual, I dont have immediate access to a range of spare drives for a trial and error session. What I buy and place in there, pretty much has to be the final solution but wont answer all the questions I have

| Tue 7 Feb 2017 2:27:19 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I would simply drop any old SATA HDD in there, five minute job just simply to see if the HDD really is the issue. Surely friends or family have these spare. I have had loads over the years for various things.

It's only a month or two back that a smashed up a couple of old SATA drives - only 180 gigs so no real use for them anymore.

| Tue 7 Feb 2017 17:37:02 #43 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.