My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Have the following issues with FVP 5000T.

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,

I have a Humax FVP 5000T box and have the following issues.
    These issues do not happen all the time and there is no set pattern,

The box is plugged in to the main power supply and every so often the light on the front of the box goes off but the box is still plugged in to the main power supply, so I phoned Humax and and sent me a replacement power supply but this did not fix the issue.

The next issue is that when I set a series record on the box after the series has stared checked schedule and next to the recording it say getting information, so I phone Humax and they told me to do a factory reset and this would fix the issue, but It did not.

The next issue is when I watch a recording back the box tells me recording did not record due to signal issue but the box has recorded the hole recording.

The next issue issue is that sometimes when I set a recording from BBC Three and BBC Four the box does not record the recording, so I phoned Humax and they told me that the hard drive had gone and also the signal is to strong and need to turn the strength of the signal down so I order the device to do this but it did not fix the issue, also replaced the hard drive but it did not fix the issue, and they told me to do a factory reset of the box and they told me to retune the box on the following channel numbers they gave me, but still have the issue.

The next issue is if the TV channel change the recording the box will still record at the same time and the box does not update the information.

The question is has the box had it. I don’t know what else I can do.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

| Sun 25 Sep 2022 10:59:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Apache - 1 hour ago  » 
    The next issue is when I watch a recording back the box tells me recording did not record due to signal issue but the box has recorded the hole recording.

I get this sometimes and usually it is really just a minor signal glitch at some point in the recording. It is a rather misleading message.

| Sun 25 Sep 2022 12:31:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Apache - 3 hours ago  » 
    The next issue is if the TV channel change the recording the box will still record at the same time and the box does not update the information.

There have been a lot of short notice changes recently and the FVP-5000T has never been good at coping with them; nothing you can do about it. I reported the problem to Humax in some detail with comparisons (with the much better at coping with this) HDR-FOX T2 and I was told my observations would be passed to the software team but nothing has changed.

| Sun 25 Sep 2022 14:47:12 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

A1944 - 22 hours ago  » 

Apache - 1 hour ago  » 

I get this sometimes and usually it is really just a minor signal glitch at some point in the recording. It is a rather misleading message.

Yes, the message is misleading. The recording hasn't failed it's broken. The signal glitch could be minor (unobservable) or major (pixellated squares on picture or a jump in continuity ie. missing parts of the programme). A failed recording would be one where the power failed or the programme wasn't recorded because it wasn't broadcast or it was moved too far for the Humax to pick it up. There have been a lot of those lately, for obvious reasons.

| Mon 26 Sep 2022 10:50:29 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.