My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

HB-1000S Padding

(6 posts)
  1. slug123uk

slug123uk

Searched high and low for an answer.

Can I set record padding on my HB-1000S?

| Mon 21 Nov 2016 19:24:14 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

When the box isn't recording or about to record.

Try

Settings - Preferences - Recording

Change start and end padding times from auto to whatever settings you want.

| Mon 21 Nov 2016 20:31:39 #2 |
  3. slug123uk

slug123uk

Thank You. Couldn't see the setting before as I was recording.

| Mon 21 Nov 2016 20:43:12 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

slug123uk - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thank You. Couldn't see the setting before as I was recording.

You should be aware that there are some problems with using padding that are not obvious, especially from the major channels.

1 Accurate recording from the major channels is normally pretty reliable these days. Using Auto-Padding means that the box wakes up at the scheduled time adjusted by the time offset you chose. As a result the box wakes at the adjusted time (no broadcaster auto start and auto stop time).

2 Accurate recording wakes the box about 15 mins before the recording is due to watch for the recording is due. If the programne actual transnission falls outside the padding limits you will lose content.

3 You can set manual recording for those channels that do not due accurate recording control. by setting a manual recording with a repeat pattern with manual padding. Of course if the broadcaster changes the scheduled time you will lose some of or all the recording.

If the channel you want to record does not transmit the required accurate recording codes (CRID - content reference identifier) or the programme deviates from the epg scheduled times the problem is down to the broadcaster failing to transmit the codes that identify the start of the content you want to record.

Because the box wakes at the adjusted time rather than 15 mins before the scheduled time then there is no way the box can check for late changes from the scheduled time. During majpr sporting events it's a sure fire way of recording failures.

| Mon 21 Nov 2016 23:29:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Add to that if you set contiguous recordings you can end up with conflicts that would not arise on auto. The padded end of one bridges into the padded start of the next. I gave up on padding because of that.

| Mon 21 Nov 2016 23:48:20 #5 |
  6. slug123uk

slug123uk

Thank guys.

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 1:07:13 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.