My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

HB1000-S First Impressions

(13 posts)
  1. IAINB

IAINB

I thought the picture was below the usual Humax standard, maybe due to the fading etc. of the various actions. Initial set-up was easy but available facilities under "SETTINGS" were limited - good for the non-technical but unsatisfying for others. The internet coupling is planned to be automatic, inc. DHCP, and if you need a fixed network address this must be arranged in the router. I do not like the EPG (Programme Guide), particularly the vertical scrolling (no on/off setting), the dull black/green layout and the chosen font. I formatted to NTFS a 1TB Intenso HDD (available at Maplin) which the HB found at once and is easily able to power from one of the USB sockets. Everything about Recording is straightforward. Most menus are easy, with adequate HELP texts, but no respectable handbook is available to download. Subtitles and (BBC) Teletext are a breeze. This £100 bargain is very small, partly because at last Humax have omitted the SCART socket but retained the three phono sockets. Two USB sockets are adequate for WIFI (but I prefer a LAN cable) and recording. Non-Freesat seems to mean "as long as it is Astra2" as the HB could find nothing on Astra1 and there is no DISEQ setting. The remote is not quite the same as the illustrated one for other 1000 series models but it looks as if all buttons are present and a few have been relocated. The remote feels fine and I hope it will prove to be much more durable than previous Humax ones!

For what seems to have nearly all the features of its bigger brothers, the HB is wonderful value. Add a 1TB HDD as I have and it's unbeatable! And I've not even explored FREETIME yet!

| Tue 22 Oct 2013 12:56:19 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. I take it you have a diseqc switch fitted. Setting up diseqc on Humax boxes normally requires access to a hidden menu. Not having the box can't give exact keys but try the combination Red Green Yellow Blue Green Yellow Blue most likely while in the setup menu. The look and feel of the UI is down to Freesat (they expect all Freetime boxes to have the same UI).

| Tue 22 Oct 2013 13:15:45 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

grahamlthompson - 5 hours ago  » 
    Hi welcome to the forum. I take it you have a diseqc switch fitted. Setting up diseqc on Humax boxes normally requires access to a hidden menu. Not having the box can't give exact keys but try the combination Red Green Yellow Blue Green Yellow Blue most likely while in the setup menu. The look and feel of the UI is down to Freesat (they expect all Freetime boxes to have the same UI).

I think the picture is well above previous generation freesat units . Stunning on my Philips TV compared to the Foxsat.

| Tue 22 Oct 2013 19:00:11 #3 |
  4. IAINB

IAINB

Thanks, Graham. You seem to be on every forum with your experience and eagerness to help! You were right - the famous 7-colour code still works. It produced a non-freesat choice of Deseq, then a list of satellites from which I chose Astra1. (I presume a max. of 4 can be accommodated.) Then off went the HB and loaded several hundred programmes, TV and Radio. It is a pity we cannot make a favourite list or shuffle these into some sort of order. Regards. IAINB

| Wed 23 Oct 2013 10:37:01 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

IAINB - 20 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks, Graham. You seem to be on every forum with your experience and eagerness to help! You were right - the famous 7-colour code still works. It produced a non-freesat choice of Deseq, then a list of satellites from which I chose Astra1. (I presume a max. of 4 can be accommodated.) Then off went the HB and loaded several hundred programmes, TV and Radio. It is a pity we cannot make a favourite list or shuffle these into some sort of order. Regards. IAINB

Thanks for confirming, useful for others

You should be able to re-order and re-number non freesat channels as the channel numbers are entirely arbitrary (allocated in the order they are found, the transmissions contain no lcn that comes from the epg)

| Wed 23 Oct 2013 11:00:18 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donj

Hi I too have just connected up my new 1000s with one initial problem, the time is displaying 1 hour back. How can I fix this as I can find no setting for time. thanks....sorry this is the wrong machine group.

| Wed 23 Oct 2013 18:49:58 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Donj - 48 minutes ago  » 
    Hi I too have just connected up my new 1000s with one initial problem, the time is displaying 1 hour back. How can I fix this as I can find no setting for time. thanks....sorry this is the wrong machine group.

Just wait.

| Wed 23 Oct 2013 19:38:26 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donj

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 

Donj - 48 minutes ago  » 

Just wait.

thanks

| Wed 23 Oct 2013 20:56:54 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donj

It's now correct. thanks

| Thu 24 Oct 2013 5:06:13 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Verno

grahamlthompson - 1 week ago  » 

IAINB - 20 minutes ago  » 

Thanks for confirming, useful for others
    You should be able to re-order and re-number non freesat channels as the channel numbers are entirely arbitrary (allocated in the order they are found, the transmissions contain no lcn that comes from the epg)

Just bought one of those HB1000s models. Has anybody any idea how to re-order or re-number the channels in Non-Freesat Mode ? Otherwise it is completely useless for Astra 1. That there is no epg at all in Non-Freesat Mode is even bad enough.

It was no Problem with my old Foxsat HD.

| Tue 5 Nov 2013 15:49:05 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.