My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

HB1000S Sound and picture

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

I have been a Freesat viewer for many a year now and is it my imagination that the sound volume is getting lower on quite a few channels. Also the High Definition channels eg BBC are not on par with Freeview. Or am I getting ready for a new Humax box.

| Sat 6 Feb 2021 10:23:17 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

patsy - 15 mins ago  » 
    I have been a Freesat viewer for many a year now and is it my imagination that the sound volume is getting lower on quite a few channels. Also the High Definition channels eg BBC are not on par with Freeview. Or am I getting ready for a new Humax box.

Guessing this is how your TV handles the Dolby Digital audio used on HD channels. It's not likely to be a fault with your box,

Hoping the user interface is the same as the twin tuner boxes.

Follow these instructions.

First town your TV volume using the TV remote (it's going to get a lot louder)

Using the box remote

Home - Settings - Picture and sound - Digital Audio out - change Multi-Channel to stereo.

Exit from the menu.

Using the box remote turn up the volume from the default of 50% to near max.

Using the TV volume turn up the TV volume to a normal listening level.

Now change to a SD TV channel and then a HD the volume should be pretty much the same on both.

In future use the TV remote to control the volume.

If in future you need to a reset to factory defaults you wil need to do this again as this will reverse the changes you have just made.

| Sat 6 Feb 2021 10:49:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Graham many thanks for that info. Will try later and keep you informed. Ta.

| Sat 6 Feb 2021 11:37:00 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

patsy - 15 mins ago  » 
    Graham many thanks for that info. Will try later and keep you informed. Ta.

Typo should say first turn down volume not first town volume

Auto correct

| Sat 6 Feb 2021 11:53:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

It worked a treat. Many thanks Graham. Just one point, it is not a problem, I have noticed also how many channels have different sound levels. I love the Country music channel Spotlight but you have to have the remote by your side as the volume blasts away. After I adjusted my receiver/TV on your advice. I noticed that BBC Northern Ireland which previously had way down low sound is now ace. Thank you from a happy guy.

| Sun 7 Feb 2021 10:39:42 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.