My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

HB1100S Diseqc switch use?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pmiller056

Hi

I have recently got a HB1100S box. It is nice to have a good programme guide and catch up services working well together. I have previously used a dumb FTA receiver which worked well with a 3 LNB setup controlled by a Diseqc switch set up as LNB1, 28E; LNB2, 19E and LNB3, 13E. Is it possible to use this Humax box with a multi LNB setup? I accept that there will be no nice EPG and possibly no recording facilities.

Thanks,

Peter

| Thu 6 Jul 2017 12:43:59 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try the hidden menus detailed in this thread

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hidden-menu-for-hdr-1000s

None of the g2 boxes will record in non-freesat mode.

| Thu 6 Jul 2017 13:49:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pmiller056

Thank you.

Peter

| Thu 6 Jul 2017 22:54:17 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

pmiller056

Just a bit more after a bit of exploring and testing....

I was able to scan and add the other satellites I am interested in using FTA mode. Thank you Graham for the link to the relevant instructions. The box has a fairly comprehensive list of satellites and transponders built-in (current at time of manufacture). I have not yet explored how to add to or edit this list. The ability to edit will be needed because transponder parameters and use changes (slowly) with time (eg DVB-S to DVB-S2).

Channels appear to be stored in the order in which they are found, starting at channel 5000. I presume this is to avoid any clashes with Freesat programming. There does not appear to be any way of re-ordering the stored list of channels (eg to alphabetical). There is a channel editor built-in, but it is only appropriate for use with a few (10's) of FTA channels. Is there any way of downloading/uploading the stored channel list by the network connection for remote editing and re-ordering?

There does not appear to be any way of showing basic information about the channel being watched. Pressing the 'i' button will only show the channel name and the channel number assigned to it, nothing more. Is there any way of showing now/next and synopsis when watching a channel known to have this information correctly available? Is there any way of showing satellite/frequency/PID etc of the channel being watched to aid identification, particularly when multiple regional variations of the same channel are known to be on the same transponder, or if the same channel is broadcast from different satellites?

Thanks,

Peter.

| Fri 7 Jul 2017 10:04:39 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Compared to the earlier Foxsat-HDR and Foxsat-HD non freesat mode is pretty primitive. TBH I haven't explored it very much so can only make some suggestions. Firstly you are correct the box allocates channel numbers in the 5000's in the order they are added. The programme data does not include logical channel numbers only the station identifier (SID) and sometimes but not always the channel name. If there is no name the SID is displayed. On the earlier boxes you can re-order by simply changing the channel numbers and pressing guide displays now/next data. A Foxsat-HDR with the custom firmware and the channel editor package you can add non-freesat channels so they appear in the Freesat epg and set manual recording reservations. Obviously for channels that don't have freesat data you only get now/next but you do get the full entries for freesat channels hidden from your epg by virtue of the postcode used. On the Foxsats opt+ shows full details of the channel being used.

Not very hopeful you can display the channel parameters you want, non-freesat mode basically is only there to satisfy the EU requirement to be able to watch FTA channels.

Kingofsat has the data for each orbital point

eg

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

The manual tune transponder list usually has a blank entry you can use to add a new transponder to the transponder database.

| Fri 7 Jul 2017 11:23:29 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

pmiller056

This is my first Humax digibox, so I can't comment on how they have evolved over time. I think I'll have to start off with a list of transponders from Lyngsat/Kingofsat, pick out the ones I want and then manually tune each one in the order that I want them stored in. Not ideal, but at least it's only once.

Thanks for your help & advice.

Peter.

| Sun 9 Jul 2017 10:58:01 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.