My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

"HD Alternative" needs some work

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

blowback

If you search for a show using the search button, it doesn't find HD alternatives for anything other than BBC1/BBC1 HD. ITV HD and Channel 4 HD are ignored.

But assuming it has noticed, when you go to record the whole series it gives you the option of recording HD or SD. Choosing HD does nothing but take you back to the "record whole series" screen.

As far as I can tell it does actually schedule the HD recording, it just looks like it hasn't! (If you select SD recording tho, it puts little record icons next to the dates down the left, and then menu option chances to 'cancel series recording').

| Sun 18 Oct 2015 13:58:50 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

1. If no HD alternative is offered, that is because the broadcaster has not supplied the meta data needed.

2. When search results are obtained they are listed in channel order, if you set a timer from an SD channel and choose HD alternative then it obviously won't show on the dates to the left as they are for the SD channel.

| Sun 18 Oct 2015 15:44:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

blowback

Yeah but it doesn't show anything at all; you've no idea if it's succeeded or failed.

| Sun 18 Oct 2015 16:24:14 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Check the recording schedule

| Sun 18 Oct 2015 16:59:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

blowback

Not exactly user friendly behaviour tho, is it? And why's HD different from SD? It's a bug in the UI. Prolly a trivial fix in the next sw update

| Sun 18 Oct 2015 17:13:32 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Sorry I don't think it is a bug at all.

| Sun 18 Oct 2015 17:55:17 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrisk

JUST GOT MY NEW FVP-4000T - THIS HD/SD RECORDING BUG AS ABOVE IS AN UNNECESSARY ERROR. ALSO SOMETIMES IF YOU SELECT SD THEN RECORD SERIES, IT DOES SHOW ON THAT PAGE INDIVIDUAL PROGRAMS MARKED TO RECORD BUT SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T. SO THERE IS AN ERROR HERE AS WELL AS BEING AN AVOIDABLE STEP, HAVING TO CHECK THE RECORDING SCHEDULE.
    OTHERWISE A GREAT MACHINE.

| Mon 19 Oct 2015 16:00:55 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

1. There is no need to shout

2. Give an example of a series timer that does not show dates annotated to record.

| Mon 19 Oct 2015 17:51:11 #8 |
  9. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

blowback - 1 day ago  » 
    If you search for a show using the search button, it doesn't find HD alternatives for anything other than BBC1/BBC1 HD. ITV HD and Channel 4 HD are ignored.
    But assuming it has noticed, when you go to record the whole series it gives you the option of recording HD or SD. Choosing HD does nothing but take you back to the "record whole series" screen.

Working fine for me in Search, ITVHD & CH4HD you'll find at the bottom of the list so you just have to scroll all the way down to the bottom.
    Upon selecting to record whole series it sets up for that HD program you've selected with no option of SD or HD appearing on screen.

| Mon 19 Oct 2015 17:52:05 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrisk

OK.
    Search for a program on sd only – eg 'Look North' . Search finds the program OK on it and a list of dates it is on and options below. Click on 'Record series' results in red marks on all dates. Done.
    But click on 'BBC News at Six' then when you click on 'Record Series' you get the sd or hd options. Click on either and you go back to record series. Click on that and no dates get red marks. But it seems that you have scheduled recordings for the whole series; I think? The only way to find out is by checking the schedule option via home and recordings. At the best cumbersome. Needs sorting out.

| Mon 19 Oct 2015 20:31:32 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.