My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

HD Backup

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

Hello all.
    No doubt many of you are fed up with what appears to be lack of action by Humax in resolving "problems" that suffered by us users.
    I had a chat with support and they are quite willing to swap out my existing Aura for a new one (I hope it's new and not just refurbished return).
    Here lies the problem. My HD is 95% full. Apart from working through hours of recordings, is there an easy way, Networked FTP or plugging the HD into a PC and backing up that way, for example?
    I am not expecting any positive results from this action by the way.
    One would have thought that if there was anything in the pipeline, CS would have known and told me to wait for a firmware/software update.
    So first steps first, HD Backup?
    Cheers,

| Tue 14 Jun 2022 16:35:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MickO - 21 mins ago  » 
    Here lies the problem. My HD is 95% full. Apart from working through hours of recordings, is there an easy way, Networked FTP or plugging the HD into a PC and backing up that way, for example?

Are the recordings SD or HD? FTP will be fine for backing up SD recordings but I assume you are aware that you can't put them back on the new box so that they will play via the Humax software but they should play via something like VLC. HD recordings will be a problem because of encryption unless you transcode them first to a lower resolution format.

| Tue 14 Jun 2022 17:02:04 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.