My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

HD-Fox T2 not connecting to WI-FI

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bubba Ho-Tep

Hello everyone,
    I was recently given the above model and advised to get an Edimax EW-7711UAN Wireless usb adapter.

When connected to usb port, I am not able to access TV portal, when going into internet set up menu, it recognizes' a WIFI connection but connect pick up my username which it then prompts me to enter manually my username which i then enter along with security and password to no avail.

It would be fantastic is someone could assist me as I would very much like the usage of Youtube, IPlayer et al.

Much appreciated, Thanks.

| Tue 31 Dec 2013 12:26:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

The HD-Fox T2 will only accept Wi-Fi passwords that contains numbers and letters. If your password contains any other characters then you will need to change your password.

Also if your router is offering multiple encryption protocols (e.g.WPA2 and WPA) then you may have to update it to just one protocol. Choose the one which all your other devices can accept, but preferably WPA2.

There are also reports that some recent Edimax - EW - 7711 Models do not work with Humax boxes. These appear to coincide with those where the packaging mentions Windows 8.

| Tue 31 Dec 2013 14:30:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bubba Ho-Tep

Thanks for your help.

I think It's probably a problem with the Edimax as everyhting seems fine with the router, and my password and network name are correct, shame I have to fork out 30quid for Humax official wifi dongle, but it should be it sorted then... I hope.

| Wed 1 Jan 2014 14:47:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bubba Ho-Tep

Could someone advise me, that if I buy the official Humax wifi usb dongle for my hd-fox t2, that it merely needs plugged in and my TV portal will be operational or will I have to reconfigure everything to get it set-up. I had under adivise bought the edimax wifi dongle, bout does not seem to work, the network seems to pick up wireless, but needs network name, password etc typed in manually but still doesnt pick anything up.

thanks

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 11:30:32 #1 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Bubba Ho-Tep - 21 hours ago  » 
    I think It's probably a problem with the Edimax as everyhting seems fine with the router, and my password and network name are correct, shame I have to fork out 30quid for Humax official wifi dongle

Everything may be fine with your router but even the wifi dongle will not give you access if it is set up to use mutiple protocols or a password with special characters.
    Have you followed up those two possibilities? If not you may be wasting your money.

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 12:26:18 #4 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bubba Ho-Tep

The password i believe is fine, it is a collection of numbers and letters that work with my wireless dongle on my computer, not to sure now how to change multiple protocols though will give it a go.

Thanks

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 12:30:00 #5 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

1. I have moved your other post re the Humax dingle to this thread as it is allied to it.

Slightly confused by the use of the term 'username' you mention in original post.

2. When in the Internet settings menu, highlight network name and press ok, does your network appear in the list of networks found?

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 12:39:55 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bubba Ho-Tep

Sorry getting myself confused aswell lol.

In the internet settings menu, my network does not appear in list of networks found, there is none at all.

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 12:42:35 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Ah we maybe getting somewhere, there was a spate of problems with the Edimax 7711 UAN dongles not working, we never got to the bottom of it, assumed it was a bad batch.

There are also reports that items with win 8 logo on the box do not work.

Options:

1. Get you dongle replaced with another and hope for the best.
    2. Use the Humax one.

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 12:47:27 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bubba Ho-Tep

Think I'll fork out for the Humax, to be on the safe side.

Many thanks for your help.

| Thu 2 Jan 2014 12:53:02 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.