My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

HD Fox T2 refuses to deliver SD from analogue output

(3 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just observed something very wierd. Need to investigate further.

Background

The HD Fox T2 replaced a 9200 which was connected by two analogue connections to my AV amp. One was used to provide an analogue feed to my AV amp using zone 2 output to feed a modulator to feed a kitchen TV. The zone 1 analogue RGB output was replaced by a hdmi digital connection to my AV amp. This arrangement allows totally seperate viewing in the kitchen. Tonight watched the same feed one over hdmi to the main TV the other by analogue to the kitchen TV on a HD channel. No problem until I switched the lounge TV to view the HD from a foxsat hdr leaving the FOX T2 to deliver a different HD channel in SD to the kitchen TV. The kitchen TV displayed a message about lack of HDCP and blanked the SD feed. It seems as if a hdmi connection is fitted it refuses to deliver SD by analogue.

Why ? if correct it means that my plan to eventually replace the HD FOX T2 with a HDR FOX T2 won't be possible.

| Thu 9 Jun 2011 20:21:49 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sorted - The problem was that the FOX is connected to the AMP by a 5 way auto hdmi switch. The box still thinks it's connected to a HD display even though it's not, so strangely it puts up a message on the analogue outputs telling you to disconnect it's hdmi connection and after a while replaces the picture with a countdown clock. Manually selecting a different input on the switch restored the analogue output. Now permanently fixed by using a seperate hdmi input on the amp.

| Fri 10 Jun 2011 8:49:14 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Your AV set up sounds as complex as my Network setup to get half dozen or so Humax boxes, in different rooms, connected using powerline, network switch, and wifi dongle

| Fri 10 Jun 2011 8:57:01 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.