My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR-FOX T2 YouTube crashes

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

johntee

Hi,

Each time I go to search YouTube it finds available videos OK, however when I select OK to watch, the T2 crashes, the TV screen goes blank for about 10 seconds and the box reverts the TV back to normal channels. I've tried removing the power and rebooting but it still misbehaves. I'm running 7.30a which has been OK till now.

Any help is appreciated.

John

PS. BBC iPlayer works fine

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 18:56:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

johntee - 28 minutes ago  » 
    Each time I go to search YouTube it finds available videos OK, however when I select OK to watch, the T2 crashes, the TV screen goes blank for about 10 seconds and the box reverts the TV back to normal channels. I've tried removing the power and rebooting but it still misbehaves. I'm running 7.30a which has been OK till now.

There have been lots of similar reports for a few weeks. Humax are aware of the problem.

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 19:25:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

johntee

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your speedy reply, I was fearing it was my T2 packing up.

As far as you know does a fix normally come in the form of a software update?

Regards,

John

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 19:54:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

johntee - 1 hour ago  » 
    I was fearing it was my T2 packing up.
    As far as you know does a fix normally come in the form of a software update?

It depends on the nature of the problem. In this case my assumption is that YouTube have changed something; it might be that they can be persuaded to revert the change or more likely a software update will be required. The Humax policy with software updates has been odd recently with the last but one only made available for download and the latest one not made publicly available other than being installed on new and reconditioned boxes. We will just have to wait and see.

| Tue 1 Oct 2013 21:45:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

johntee

Hello again Martin,

Many thanks for the extra info. I just hope it gets resolved quickly as I watch YouTube during the night when I wake up in pain. I sincerely hope Humax have some respect for their customers expenditures and don't shy away from a cure. As an OAP I cannot afford to buy another box from my pension.

I'll keep an eye on our forum for potential updates / remedies from our members.

Thanks again,

John

| Wed 2 Oct 2013 9:41:00 #5 |
  6. brian

brian

special member

I am currently watching YouTube videos on a HDR-FOX T2 without any problems.

| Thu 3 Oct 2013 11:30:10 #6 |
  7. brian

brian

special member

I watched about 45 mins of YouTube videos earlier on my new hardware RE box running 1.03.06. I have just tried watching one of these videos on an old hardware box running 1.02.32, and it crashed and rebooted. Then I tried the same video on the RE box running 1.03.06, and it played straight away.

| Thu 3 Oct 2013 14:09:31 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

johntee

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your post. The version I quoted in my earlier post, ie. 7.30a is what is shown on screen when my T2 is booting. What exactly do the 1.03.06 numbers refer to so I can check out my box, and where can I find it.

Regards,

John

| Thu 3 Oct 2013 17:17:54 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

7.30a is the loader version

Software version can be found via

Menu
    Settings
    System
    System Information

| Thu 3 Oct 2013 17:40:05 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

johntee

Hi Barry,

Thanks again, very helpful directions. My HDR T2 is showing:

Loader version: a7.30
    Software: 1.02.29
    Micom:9.3
    System ID: 80BC.7E00
    Date May 2012

If this version info has any bearing on the "crash" issue I don't know.

My mother-in-law bought a new HDR T2 Fox last week, the same model as ours, and her info is slightly different to ours. Although I cannot try YouTube (unless I borrow it ) because she has no internet access at the moment, her T2 reads as follows:

Loader version: a7.34
    Software:1.03.06
    Micom:9.3
    System ID: 80BC.7E00
    Date: March 2013

Do you think from your experience that the model variations in respect to Loader / Software may have some bearing on the "crash" issues we're experiencing with YouTube?

Regards,

John

| Fri 4 Oct 2013 16:15:33 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.