My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR-FOX T2 YouTube crashes

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

johntee - 31 minutes ago  » 
    Do you think from your experience that the model variations in respect to Loader / Software may have some bearing on the "crash" issues we're experiencing with YouTube?

There are a number of reports that suggest boxes with both the old hardware and the new tuner arrangement will play YouTube videos without the reported problems if using version 1.03.06. Unfortunately this version is not officially available for download. Admin edit: link removed.

| Fri 4 Oct 2013 16:56:42 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

johntee

Hello again Brian,

To the rescue again with more info, cheers.

If I interpret things correctly it seems that my HDR Fox T2 would need software 1.03.06 to function properly with YouTube, but this is only on new T2 units. Again, if I read things correctly, version 1.03.06, as fitted to my mother-in-laws new T2, is not available via Humax for upgrading my older version??

I detect from your reply that a 'non-official' upgrade is floating around but obviously our Admin would not allow a link to such in protection of forums credibility.

I've just done a quick search via Google and find that Humax have a software beta version on their website,

Application version:

FHTCP 1.02.32
    Loader version: a7.31 / a7.32
    Update Date: 05 JAN 2013

To the best of your knowledge, do you think this might resolve my YouTube crashing problems? Of course I'll accept your advice in good faith and without warranty. The current crashing situation is driving me crazy as I use YouTube mostly in the early hours of the morning when I wake up with pain. It kind of distracts me whilst my 'Oramorph' morphine medication kicks in.

Thanks again,

John

| Fri 4 Oct 2013 20:43:21 #12 |
  3. brian

brian

special member

John,

In my experience, YouTube is not currently working for me with 1.02.32, but it is with 1.03.06.

| Fri 4 Oct 2013 21:18:12 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

johntee

Hi Brian,

Thanks once more, your info is very revealing for me.

On the basis that version 1.03.06 is the only way of getting my HDR Fox T2 working with YouTube, I must therefore have this installed. As this version is not officially available from Humax, for whatever reason, it would appear I'm 'stuffed'.

I have again been searching Google and amazingly found a custom version of the HDR Fox T2 Mod 2.19 1.03.06 and dated 23/09/2013. It appears that this will actually 'overlay' installed version 1.02.32 but mentions nothing about 'overlaying' my very early 1.02.29.

Without flouting forum rules, can you offer me any info on this. i.e. Does my early 1.02.29 have to be updated to 1.02.32 firstly with Humax's official update, and thereafter the custom one be 'overlayed' upon that?

I hate having to potentially bypass any manufacturers official up-gradings, but the lack of them in Humax's case does tend to force my hand. Consequentially this scenario doesn't really inspire me to purchase their products in the future.

Any help is accepted in good faith.

Kindest regards,

John

| Fri 4 Oct 2013 22:03:19 #14 |
  5. brian

brian

special member

John,check your Private Messages.

| Fri 4 Oct 2013 22:06:27 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

johntee

Hi Brian,

I have checked out your message to me and responded via the same channel accordingly.

Most appreciated,

Regards,

John

| Sat 5 Oct 2013 15:41:11 #16 |
  7. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

Hopefully, johntee now has a copy of 1.03.06 and is able to view YouTube content. But surly it's time for Humax to make this version or a later version available via download and OTA

| Sun 6 Oct 2013 13:08:53 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

Post removed, please read this:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/removal-of-certain-links-and-posts

| Mon 7 Oct 2013 3:24:21 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

johntee

Hi to all members & admin,

Thankfully my HDR Fox T2 is functioning properly now on YouTube thanks to a non-customised v1.03.06 and direction from the PVR community. Understandably I am most grateful for that help.

As I identified in my earlier post, the admin needed to remove certain links to remain within the 'terms & conditions' of this sites operation and I could fully understand their action.

I'm somewhat saddened, like our member 'ezra pound', that Humax themselves have not been more speedy and forthcoming with a fix via the normal OTA or similar, but they too must have their reasons. Possibly they're working on a 'mega' upgrade and are 'road-testing such before release. Who knows but they? We live in hope.

Kind regards to all,

John

| Mon 7 Oct 2013 15:43:02 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.