My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

HD Options

(23 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

alec - 1 hour ago  » 
    Is there a feature request portal for Humax where requests for new / changed software functions can be submitted?

Only through the usual support email address:

uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk

| Thu 7 Jan 2016 22:04:26 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

The chauffeur

As a new user to the Forum, lots of useful info, thanks everyone. The "Watch in HD" message annoys me too, surprised it can't be turned off (yet . please Humax) but also comment that I record and usually watch SD (despite having a 4k UHD TV). My TV upscales everything to 4k and frankly it's very hard to spot the difference, I've recorded the BBC 'Spy in the wild' in HD and SD to test, watching sequentially almost impossible to tell.

Also experiencing the apparent attenuation of aerial signal to the TV, this doesn't happen with my old YouView box. TV never breaks up viewed through the new Humax and HDMI and in no combination without the FVP4000T in circuit.

| Fri 3 Feb 2017 17:39:48 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The chauffeur - 4 hours ago  » 
    As a new user to the Forum, lots of useful info, thanks everyone. The "Watch in HD" message annoys me too, surprised it can't be turned off (yet . please Humax) but also comment that I record and usually watch SD (despite having a 4k UHD TV). My TV upscales everything to 4k and frankly it's very hard to spot the difference, I've recorded the BBC 'Spy in the wild' in HD and SD to test, watching sequentially almost impossible to tell.
    Also experiencing the apparent attenuation of aerial signal to the TV, this doesn't happen with my old YouView box. TV never breaks up viewed through the new Humax and HDMI and in no combination without the FVP4000T in circuit.

How large is your TV, how close do watch it from ? Suggest you try the same test by approaching your 4K TV to a distance that you might see the image in a cinema. The whole point off HD and UHD is that you can see a larger image without seeing the inevitable video artefacts from enlarging a 720 x 576 image to 3840 x 2160 pixels,

If you can't see the difference suggest you either in the words of the advert go to Speccsavers, or sit closer to the TV.

A true UHD picture has 4 times the resolution to resolve the detail in a HD 1920 x 1080 image. A SD broadcast at best has to invent the extra pixels to expand the pixel count (by guessing the missing information) by from 720 horizontally to 3840 pixels and vertically to 2160 pixels.

Modern scalars can do a good job but in no way can make a SD picture anything like a true HD source let alone a genuine UHD one.

What make and model is your TV, how large is it, and how far do ? You may have bought a lemon. Believe me a true UHD source on a big screen TV viewed close enough is a revolution, especially on a display that has HDR colour depth. (http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/hdr-tv-high-dynamic-television-explained) It's as close as you can currently get to looking out your window.

You can't expect to see the difference on a smallish screen TV viewed from a largish distance, Can you read the bottom line on a opticians eye sight test chart. At 72 I can with glasses.

| Fri 3 Feb 2017 22:51:18 #23 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.