My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

HD recordings to USB

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jaglan Beta

Hi,

I'm upgrading my venerable 9200T, and looking at choosing between the HDR-2000T and the FVP 4000T.

I understand that using Foxy to modify the hmt file on the HDR-2000T will enable the unit to decrypt the associated HD recording when it's copied to USB using the internal menus, so it can then be played on other devices. Does this also work on HD recordings on the 4000T? I'm not clear if the 4000T uses the same sidecar files or file format as the 2000T.

Information seems a bit sparse on this specific aspect of this topic.

many thanks,

| Tue 1 Dec 2015 15:00:17 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Firstly let me provide a link to our stance on decryption:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/removal-of-certain-links-and-posts

Secondly, the 4000T has a different sidecar file, i.e. not hmt.

| Tue 1 Dec 2015 15:33:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jaglan Beta

Hi,

I apologise if I've contravened forum rules on my first post. I'll try not to do it again! We're only just moving from SD to HD, so I've become quite used to the open video format on the 9200T. It was useful as that machine has been re-formatted several times over the last 10yrs - it was a great PVR, but susceptible to file table corruption. The OS is driving us mad now tho', it's almost ground to a halt.

So, if I understand USB transfer correctly, on the new 4000T SD is decrypted by default on USB transfer, becoming a standard mpg-ts file as in all previous Humax's, with no rights issues?
    Am I also correct in understanding that this takes place in real time (i.e. one hour for a 1 hour recording)?

many thanks,

| Tue 1 Dec 2015 17:17:19 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jaglan Beta - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    I apologise if I've contravened forum rules on my first post. I'll try not to do it again! We're only just moving from SD to HD, so I've become quite used to the open video format on the 9200T. It was useful as that machine has been re-formatted several times over the last 10yrs - it was a great PVR, but susceptible to file table corruption. The OS is driving us mad now tho', it's almost ground to a halt.
    So, if I understand USB transfer correctly, on the new 4000T SD is decrypted by default on USB transfer, becoming a standard mpg-ts file as in all previous Humax's, with no rights issues?
    Am I also correct in understanding that this takes place in real time (i.e. one hour for a 1 hour recording)?
    many thanks,

Not in real time, nor do you need to stop using the box. It's not that fast though as the box has to decrypt on copying as well as supporting the normal pvr capability. Barry will most likely have an idea as to speed of transfer a SD programme to USB. Did you know you can use the built in Samba server to copy directly to Windows Explorer without using USB at all ?

| Tue 1 Dec 2015 17:30:11 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

grahamlthompson - 21 hours ago  » 
    Not in real time, nor do you need to stop using the box. It's not that fast though as the box has to decrypt on copying as well as supporting the normal pvr capability. Barry will most likely have an idea as to speed of transfer a SD programme to USB. Did you know you can use the built in Samba server to copy directly to Windows Explorer without using USB at all ?

Have carried out a few tests only...

ftp would be the best option for speed, however

Edit: recordings remain encrypted.

Examples, all SD recordings, and btw if no programmes listed via ftp try turning the server off/on in file share.

Drag and drop from windows explorer.

1. In The Night Garden CBeebies (682mb)- 1 min 5 secs
    2. Dragons Riders of Berk CBBC (655mb) - 1 min 3 secs
    3. Holby City BBC 1 (1.69Gb) - 3 mins 17 secs

Same programmes transferred to a portable WD Passport 1TB HDD via usb:

1. 12 mins 3 secs
    2. 11 mins 14 secs
    3. 31 mins 47 secs

FAQ on usb transfer, important that users read the post linked to in that FAQ

| Wed 2 Dec 2015 15:37:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jaglan Beta

Hi,
    They are much faster times than I'd been lead to believe by some (mis)information I'd gleaned from the net. The ftp / Samba times are quite good, but I assume only the USB transfers are decrypted hence the longer times? .

Thanks

| Thu 3 Dec 2015 23:55:17 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jaglan Beta - 10 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    They are much faster times than I'd been lead to believe by some (mis)information I'd gleaned from the net. The ftp / Samba times are quite good, but I assume only the USB transfers are decrypted hence the longer times? .
    Thanks

SD recordings transferred using Samba are decrypted

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/file-transfer

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 10:25:21 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Graham they are not decrypted, read the last sentence of the linked post.

I should have mentioned that in my post above
    (will edit in a mo)

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 10:44:02 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.