My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

HDD His and Hers

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cuthbert

If I safely disconnect my HDD (his) can I install a second HDD (hers) and switch back and forth at will, or does the system forget about the first one and fail to recognise it, requiring a re-format and loss of recordings. p.s. my first posting as a newbie to freesat.

| Sun 29 Jan 2017 21:01:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You can only assign one hard disk at a time as the recording destination. However based on previous Humax boxes you can usually connect more than 1 usb hard disk using a powered usb hub and switch the recording destination. Not sure how this will help. Finding it hard you can ensure his recordings and hers recordings can possibly go to the currently selected usb disk selected as the recording destination. What exactly are you trying to achieve ?

Welcome to our forum.

| Sun 29 Jan 2017 22:25:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cuthbert

I was hoping I could use 2 HDD, not simultaneously, 1 for my stuff and 1 for her stuff. so we don't have to trawl through each others recordings or have any "conflict" over deletions (*-*). I was hoping to be able to plug one or the other in. I think I have a spare sata drive so I will give it a try and see what happens.

| Mon 30 Jan 2017 12:39:32 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cuthbert - 10 minutes ago  » 
    I was hoping I could use 2 HDD, not simultaneously, 1 for my stuff and 1 for her stuff. so we don't have to trawl through each others recordings or have any "conflict" over deletions (*-*). I was hoping to be able to plug one or the other in. I think I have a spare sata drive so I will give it a try and see what happens.

You can only assign one drive for recording at any one time. You can attach a second drive and use it to replay external files like .mp4 but there is no way to tell the box to record to either of two connected drives. How would you tell the box when setting a recording which drive you wanted to record to ?

| Mon 30 Jan 2017 12:52:56 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The HB-1000S is sufficiently in-expensive to justify a unit each if a second feed is available and a spare HDMI port available.

It would save a lot of re-plugging. On one of the units you can also reassign the remote code set so that one remote will only control one unit (label the remotes).

| Mon 30 Jan 2017 13:18:44 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.