My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

HDD! LOST FILMS??

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GazzaP

My Hard drive with many many films stored over the past 2 years now shows nothing. Machine crackled when I had finished watching a film and now nothing. ALL my classics saved for rainy days! LOST !! or are they, the HDD indicator says that the hard drive still has over 100 MBof data on it with only 46 (ish ) MB remaining, so obviously they are still there. Tried removing Scart and Plug and restarting but no luck. Recording schedule still in place, and in tact.

HELP !!

| Fri 29 Mar 2013 18:49:13 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Give us a clue

Which pvr are we talking about ?

| Fri 29 Mar 2013 19:16:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

GazzaP

Hi Graham, yes sorry it is an old 9150T, Recorded something tonight and that is there. Have tried Humax but they are closed for Easter, so will ring them Tuesday morning. I am sure the films are there but lord knows where.

| Fri 29 Mar 2013 22:14:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

GazzaP - 30 minutes ago  » 
    yes sorry it is an old 9150T, Recorded something tonight and that is there.

OK this is a well known problem. As you suspect the recordings are still on the disk. The only way to get them back is to open the Humax, connect the disk drive to a PC (typically using a USB to SATA adaptor), then use humaxrw in recovery mode (-r command line option) to copy them to a PC. See Link to humaxrw

| Fri 29 Mar 2013 22:48:29 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

GazzaP

Oh Lord. I am 60 years old, and only have a laptop. I have no idea how to do that or even where to start. Cheaper for me to buy the films on DVD I think. Sorry I am sure the fix is easy to someone who knows what to do but` I don't. They did not even allow calculators in school when I was there :-)Do live in north Herts by any chance.

| Sat 30 Mar 2013 11:13:19 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

GazzaP - 21 minutes ago  » 
    I am 60 years old, and only have a laptop. I have no idea how to do that or even where to start.

I am a lot older than you but I have been working with computers for a very long time. The first calculator I had was not until I had graduated from university. If this is beyond you either pay somebody to do it for you or just format the drive from the HDD Control menu item in the Record menu. Don't leave it as it is or things will quickly go wrong again.

| Sat 30 Mar 2013 11:39:10 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

GazzaP

Thank you Martin, I appreciate your help and was in no way belittling your knowledge, just my lack of it. I might have to format as you said. I will wait till Tuesday and Ring Humax, they may have an update or something. Thank you again.:-) I go to Germany in July and wont be able to use it as a freeview recorder so may have to buy the films and build up my library that way lol.
    Have a good Easter.

| Sat 30 Mar 2013 11:46:39 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

GazzaP - 1 hour ago  » 
    I will wait till Tuesday and Ring Humax, they may have an update or something.

This is a very well known problem; by all means ring Humax but the advice you have been given is the only known remedy.

| Sat 30 Mar 2013 13:32:53 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.