My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

HDD Read Only

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

chobnob

Guys. Ive just got myself an Aura. So far so good. I want to use the Aura to hold my MP3 and to download programmes to a disk drive to play on my mobile TV.

Ive connected with FTP and that works well. As long as you convert HD ts files you can download and watch on any device. Obviously downloading decrypts the file. It wont decrypt HD files (which is the same as my old Humax Fox before it expired).

The problem is I cant use a file manager app on the Aura to download directly to the USB as the file manager has read only access to the HDD. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a work around?

| Fri 13 Jan 2023 17:17:59 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

chobnob - 1 hour ago  » 
    Ive connected with FTP and that works well. As long as you convert HD ts files you can download and watch on any device. Obviously downloading decrypts the file.

My understanding is that it is the conversion that removes the encryption on HD recordings. I think on the Aura SD files are not encrypted.

| Fri 13 Jan 2023 18:58:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

chobnob

Yes that's what I am finding. Any idea why file managers can only access the internal HDD as read only?

| Fri 13 Jan 2023 19:16:11 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mullers63

Martin Liddle - 3 days ago  » 

chobnob - 1 hour ago  » 
    Ive connected with FTP and that works well. As long as you convert HD ts files you can download and watch on any device. Obviously downloading decrypts the file.

My understanding is that it is the conversion that removes the encryption on HD recordings. I think on the Aura SD files are not encrypted.

Is this converting using the phone app or using a different method, thanks.

| Tue 17 Jan 2023 12:16:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mullers63 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Is this converting using the phone app or using a different method, thanks.

I do it through the user interface on the box and then FTP the converted recording off the box.

| Tue 17 Jan 2023 14:09:40 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.