My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDMI-CEC

(16 posts)
  1. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

For those having issues since the recent update with black screens on start up, or TV's turning the box off then it may be a good idea to turn off the HDMI-CEC function on your TV or just disable that connection/control to the box if the TV allows.
    Here's a list of what different brands call HDMI-CEC which you may find among the TV's settings menu.
    Samsung - AnyNet+
    Sharp - Aquos Link
    Sony - BRAVIA Link and BRAVIA Sync
    Hitachi - HDMI-CEC
    AOC - E-Link
    Pioneer - Kuro Link
    Toshiba - CE-Link and Regza Link
    Onkyo - RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI)
    LG - SimpLink
    Panasonic - HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, VIERA Link
    Philips - EasyLink

| Mon 1 Jul 2013 18:09:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

cj136uk

No issues, Humax to Samsung bluray player to Sony Bravia with Hdmi cec on or Humax directly to Bravia tv via hdmi turns all items on without issue and no lagging or blank screens. I suggest people try their cables. Maybe inferior quality giving bad signals.

| Tue 2 Jul 2013 7:49:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonegee

Thanks for the info. I was having an issue when turning my TV off it would turn off my Humax box so I turned off the SimpLink on my LG TV.

BIG THANKS cos it was so annoying :O)

| Tue 2 Jul 2013 15:25:46 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

tonegee - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks for the info. I was having an issue when turning my TV off it would turn off my Humax box so I turned off the SimpLink on my LG TV.

I rather think that is what it is designed to do. By Off I think you mean to standby. What do you want to leave it on?

| Tue 2 Jul 2013 16:36:16 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I had to turn it off on my daughters new TV. It insisted on turning off the amplifier when the TV was turned off. She was listening to CD's at the time using the amp and speakers

| Tue 2 Jul 2013 18:13:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonegee

REPASSAC - 3 hours ago  » 

tonegee - 1 hour ago  » 

I rather think that is what it is designed to do. By Off I think you mean to standby. What do you want to leave it on?

I have always put my TV into standby when I go out because it uses around 180w of power if left on but the Humax box only uses about 28w ish I think so I don't mind leaving that on. If it turns off or goes into standby every time I turn my TV off then I have to wait for it to boot up every time I turn my TV back on and that's after I remember to press the standby button on the Humax remote.

| Tue 2 Jul 2013 20:21:10 #6 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

tonegee - 11 minutes ago  » 
    If it turns off or goes into standby every time I turn my TV off then I have to wait for it to boot up every time I turn my TV back on and that's after I remember to press the standby button on the Humax remote.

That 35 seconds of boot up time is just like waiting a lifetime isn't it

| Tue 2 Jul 2013 20:38:03 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ardfernbob

Finding increasing HDMI-CEC problems with the 1000s and my 6 year old Samsung.

Turned AnyNet+ off to try to solve but found that AnyNet+ is automatically turned on again when I start up the 1000s.

Tonight, I got no signal at all no matter what I did. Switched the 1000s off at the mains and then restarted - sorted - for the moment.

I was not getting a 'Starting' message from the 1000s which was going directly into 'Freetime'. Switching off at the mains caused the 1000s to boot properly.

But............ I had no such problems before the software update. Humax must sort this as a matter of urgency.

| Mon 8 Jul 2013 21:12:37 #8 |
  9. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

ardfernbob - 21 minutes ago  » 
    Turned AnyNet+ off to try to solve but found that AnyNet+ is automatically turned on again when I start up the 1000s.
    Tonight, I got no signal at all no matter what I did. Switched the 1000s off at the mains and then restarted - sorted - for the moment.
    I was not getting a 'Starting' message from the 1000s which was going directly into 'Freetime'. Switching off at the mains caused the 1000s to boot properly.
    But............ I had no such problems before the software update. Humax must sort this as a matter of urgency.

Yeah it is annoying, and id recommend sending Humax an email complaining about it. I already have so the more they get then it should show them its not just an isolated issue. cs@humaxonline.co.uk
    In the meantime try turning the TV on first until the screen is fully on and then turn the Humax on.

| Mon 8 Jul 2013 21:42:52 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ardfernbob

-gonzo- - 13 minutes ago  » 

ardfernbob - 21 minutes ago  » 

Yeah it is annoying, and id recommend sending Humax an email complaining about it. I already have so the more they get then it should show them its not just an isolated issue. cs@humaxonline.co.uk
    In the meantime try turning the TV on first until the screen is fully on and then turn the Humax on.

Have emailed Humax. Hopefully others will too.

| Mon 8 Jul 2013 21:57:12 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.