My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

HDMI-CEC Question Samsung / 4000T

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Hi

I have a Samsung smart TV connected via HDMI to a 4000T and CEC / Anynet is set on for both.

If I use the Humax remote to turn on or off the Humax then the TV turns on / off at the same time so CEC working all good there.

If I use the TV remote to turn off the TV the Humax goes into standby OK as I would expect. HOWEVER, if I turn the TV on, the Humax does not turn on but stays in Standby.

Is this normal please or if not any suggestion on what I am doing wrong.

I ask because I am about to connect a Sonos Beam to the TV (via an HDMI ARC connection) and I understand that this will have the ability to turn on the TV using Alexa voice commands so I would ideally want the Humax to wake when the TV does.

Thanks.

| Sun 9 Sep 2018 13:10:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I'd check the TV manual for any options.

It sounds sensible that turning on the TV does not turn on the Humax because, if you have another device (eg a DVD player) how does the TV select which to power on? Also, you might be wanting just to watch TV on the TV tuner.

Let us know how you get on with Alexa - perhaps post a new thread about it. See Voice control of Humax using Amazon Echo?

| Sun 9 Sep 2018 14:43:29 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.