My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDMI Issue?

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ascot55

Just bought a new mid range Yamaha AV amp this weekend to replace an ageing Yamaha amp (10+ years).

The new amp has HDMI pass-through whilst in standby etc.
    Connected the Humax box through the amp via HDMI and all works great until I turn the amp off (to standby).

So, here is the problem. I don't use the amp all the time as I prefer only to watch through the amp when viewing HD programs with 5.1 sound. For SD channels, with only a few exceptions, I watch/listen through the TV only.
    Problem begins though having finished watching/listening through the amp, I then switch off the amp (to standby).

Here's the scenario summarised;

1. Watch any channel with amp on (but best tested watching BBC HD). Sound can be heard from both the amps speakers and TV(normal volume) and HD pictures appera as HD.
    2. Turn off the amp to standby.
    3. HDMI signals continue to "pass-through" and picture on TV remains HD but no sound now on TV.
    4. Change sound multichannel settings only on Humax 1000s to stereo and then change back to multichannel (Without leaving the page/display).
    5. Sound returns to TV but picture reverts to SD (even though BBC HD in this case is still selected as the source on the Humax 1000s).
    6. Only way to solve is to turn the Humax 1000s to standby and then back on (leaving Amp in standby). HD picture and sound both now okay.

Firmware = 1.00.37. Anybody else had this issue?

Problem does not occur if Humax is plugged directly into TV via HDMI and sound is channelled into the amp via Optical connection.
    I also have a Bluray player which is also passed through the amp using HDMI that does not have any issue so at the moment ruling out the amps pass through as being the cause.

Thanks in advance of any help.

Steve

| Mon 11 Mar 2013 12:39:51 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

freesatalex

I have another HDMI issue: on 2 occasions, when I have switched on the box from standby, the TV gives a "no signal" error as if the box is still switched off.

If I connect the box to the TV via the SCART socket, I can view the TV picture. If I connect another HDMI device to the same TV HDMI-in, I see the picture from the HDMI device. Therefore I've concluded that the problem is with the Humax box.

This first happened a few days after the recent firmware update.

The (very helpful) Humax support people suggested to factory default the box. This works, although I lose the planned recording schedule.

I've had to factory default the box twice now. Very annoying.

| Tue 12 Mar 2013 13:01:12 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

freesatalex - Can I ask if you HDR-1000S was recording at the time. Also was the TV trying to display the correct HDMI port?
    Can you also post make and model of TV.

| Tue 12 Mar 2013 16:31:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

freesatalex

Repassac - thanks. I believe that the humax box was recording both times that this happened.

The TV is an LG 27LC2R - ZJ. Ancient now. It's only got 1 HDMI port, which made the process of elimination more easy!

Thanks again

| Tue 12 Mar 2013 21:28:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

deltaromeo

This problem is getting worse it seems. We have to time it right just to get the box and Tv (hdmi) to sync so we can begin viewing.

If it is recording it can be near on impossible to turn it on.

Does anyone know of any buttons on the remote that may prompt a hdmi hdcp?

Seriously considering trying YouView box as this really is a major problem for us. There should be no reason why the box can't work with a older hd ready tv hdmi. Seems like most other products don't have a problem my bluray certainly doesn't.

Has any one from Humax made comment on this issue?

| Mon 8 Apr 2013 13:14:22 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

deltaromeo - 18 minutes ago  » 
    This problem is getting worse it seems. We have to time it right just to get the box and Tv (hdmi) to sync so we can begin viewing.
    If it is recording it can be near on impossible to turn it on.
    Does anyone know of any buttons on the remote that may prompt a hdmi hdcp?
    Seriously considering trying YouView box as this really is a major problem for us. There should be no reason why the box can't work with a older hd ready tv hdmi. Seems like most other products don't have a problem my bluray certainly doesn't.
    Has any one from Humax made comment on this issue?

Does the box actually boot up but just fails to display a picture when recording ? You can check this by temporarily connecting using a scart lead.

If it is actually on then changing the TV input to a scart or the TV tuner and back to the hdmi should force a new hdcp handshake.

Mine is connected by hdmi through a elderly Denon amplifier, no issues with handshake through the amp to a Sony TV.

| Mon 8 Apr 2013 13:37:37 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

One suggestion - set output resolution to auto and then enter 101 pause for three seconds then 108.
    It should work if you use the source button on the TV remote to force it to the correct HDMI.
    Failing that I would look for any TV setup setting that could help such as startup source, HDMI signalling settings, etc.

| Mon 8 Apr 2013 13:40:49 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

deltaromeo

Thank you both for your replies,

GT: box does boot but fails display picture/audio. Scart works fine. Unfortunatley changing the TV source has no effect.

Rep: Will try output res idea thanx. As above TV source doesn't work. I have rifled through the samsung menu but to gain.

Do think this has to be a hardware issue with the hdr1000's If so im thinking this will never be fixed with a update or even a new box.

For the reccord my TV is a samsung LE26R41BD

| Mon 8 Apr 2013 14:09:56 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

dave2318

I had a HDCP issue with my Active HDMI splitter a short while ago, the 1000s would only output at very low resolution. had to power the splitter off and back on and ensure the TV at the other end was not powered off at mains.

have you tried removing the AMP from the chain? Plug direct into the TV from the 1000s.

| Mon 8 Apr 2013 14:22:26 #9 |
  10. chistery

chistery

I have a similar issue. Whenever the clock icon is on the display, I get no picture if I power on the box.

| Fri 12 Apr 2013 13:44:10 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.