My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDMI Issue?

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

deej78

I have had similar issues. I moved the box from one room to another. When I brought it back in and set it up it would display the freeview humax logos from boot but then proceed to no picture, no free time animation then display the channel on the front of the box. The only conclusion I can draw is the HDMI was not in far enough, even though it managed to display the logos? I wiggled it then it just came on.

| Tue 16 Apr 2013 11:20:56 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ddubya

In case it helps anyone, I had an issue such that if the box was recording and I switched it on to watch something the EPG displayed "squashed" into the top-left corner of the screen and there was no audio. The picture itself was fine.

The issue for me was that I had a non-powered HDMI switch between the Humax and my AV Amp. I had to cycle the inputs on the switch to get the audio and EPG back, but the issue went away entirely when I replaced my HDMI switch with a powered version.

This has led me to the conclusion that when the box comes on to record it is in some kind of low power state and this can confuse HDMI components further down the chain. Furthermore, these components don't always recover when you switch the box on fully.

| Tue 23 Apr 2013 22:17:22 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.