My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

HDMI not supported

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spayne

From this evening my Humax tells me my tv no longer supports digital content protection (HDCP) and to disconnect HDMI cable and connect composite video connection.
    Anybody had experience or knowledge to correct.
    My tv is not a smart tv, I did think my Humax could have updated meaning my tv is to old to support my box.

| Fri 23 Dec 2022 22:13:27 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Spayne - 1 hour ago  » 
    From this evening my Humax tells me my tv no longer supports digital content protection (HDCP) and to disconnect HDMI cable and connect composite video connection.
    Anybody had experience or knowledge to correct.
    My tv is not a smart tv, I did think my Humax could have updated meaning my tv is to old to support my box.

It would help if you tell us the make and model of the TV and which model of Humax PVR you own?

| Fri 23 Dec 2022 23:36:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spayne

TV: LG 32CS460
    Humax: FVP 5000T

| Sat 24 Dec 2022 11:37:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I think I may have seen this with my setup. Occasionally a message pops up moaning about the connection. Most times it carries on anyway using the HDMI connection. If it doesn't I've used the TV to switch to an alternative ( non HDMI input, or its' own tuner) and then switched back to the HDMI input. The TV and the 5000T seem to negotiate a connection. So far no permanent problem.

| Sat 24 Dec 2022 13:39:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

DavidMendus

I have used the TV with direct antenna connection to see the programme that we wanted, then tried to go back to HDMI. The problem did not clear - now I see the triangle but not the text.

| Mon 6 Mar 2023 12:45:23 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

DavidMendus

I did think about your experience (EEPhil) and disconnected everything from the power for 15 minutes. When I plugged it back in - success! Thank you.

| Mon 6 Mar 2023 15:33:56 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I was tempted to suggest disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable, or swapping it with another one if you have it. As you've got it working again, no point. Happy days!

| Mon 6 Mar 2023 17:01:12 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.