My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

hdr 1000 no iplayer

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobush

My iplayer has stopped working and I,m told by humax there wont be a fix for a month or so. this is an e mail I have just sent them.

Hello
    I have an hdr 1000 which to be honest hasn't lived up to expectations since buying it on the 30th of October. It got rave reviews and I bought it direct from Humax expecting something special. I have just been speaking to your support dept after my iplayer has gone of completely. In addition the hdr is telling me theres a software update but when I try to update it I'm told download failed even though I have 30mb download at the hdr. Your support agent sent me details of how to update the software via a usb stick and you latest beta software. It installed fine but a still don't have iplayer. I was told then told it may take at least a month before you have a new software sorted that may fix the problem. In addition the other software which you claimed was " coming soon" since I bought it has yet to come!

Can you confirm it will take a month or so for the software as if this is the case it will be boxed up and sent back to you for a refund as its not fit for purpose and under consumer legislation you will have to refund me. I have also recently installed BT infinity purely so we could use the iplayer and now the Humax wont work.
    Not good.

| Fri 21 Jun 2013 17:17:58 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Try installing the latest Beta firmware to see if it ressolves the issue.
    http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freesat-hd

| Fri 21 Jun 2013 22:28:16 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Post by Barry elsewhere

"It is only an updated reset file, not a complete software package which are approx 39k.'

| Sat 22 Jun 2013 11:40:22 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

bobush - This sounds to me link a network problem as no iplayer and no internet firmware download. You mention "recently installed BT infinity" Was this about the time it stopped working?

Can you ping the HDR-1000S from a PC?
    run cmd.exe and enter: ping ipaddress

| Sat 22 Jun 2013 11:46:28 #4 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    Post by Barry elsewhere
    "It is only an updated reset file, not a complete software package which are approx 39k.'

Beta file version 118 for humax 1000s/1010s, its for if you are experience diffuculty with
    No on demand
    No Showcase
    No Backwards EPG

| Sat 22 Jun 2013 13:05:47 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobush

Its not a network problem. When I said just had infinity installed I mean 4 months ago. I have 30gb download at the HDR and confirmed the network is fine. Not good for a £300 hdr which hasnt been good since buying it. Had to re set it a couple of times and it switches off sometimes. Getting Sky back in in the next couple of days and returning this £300 black box to Humax. The sky on the other hand worked for over 12+ years trouble free. It also has the options that Humax claimed " coming soon" when I bought it back in October. over 8 months isnt soon!

| Thu 27 Jun 2013 19:13:41 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

bobush - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Its not a network problem. When I said just had infinity installed I mean 4 months ago. I have 30gb download at the HDR and confirmed the network is fine. Not good for a £300 hdr which hasnt been good since buying it. Had to re set it a couple of times and it switches off sometimes. Getting Sky back in in the next couple of days and returning this £300 black box to Humax. The sky on the other hand worked for over 12+ years trouble free. It also has the options that Humax claimed " coming soon" when I bought it back in October. over 8 months isnt soon!

How did you confirm the network is fine. Did the HDR-1000s acquire a IP address from your routers DHCP server?

| Thu 27 Jun 2013 19:21:38 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.