My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000S 1 TB

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Softangel

I purchased my box used.
    I have had problems upstairs with it stating "Not receiving signal" and wont play anything.
    Downstairs my other freesat box works FINE and no SIGNAL issues.
    Plugged this box in downstairs to connect to internet and reset to factory default and now it wont reset as again saying NO SIGNAL FOUND.
    Plug the other box back in and plays fine.
    Its obviously a problem with this box but have no idea what to do.
    It does irregularly work but lasts maybe 1-2 hours before signal goes again or if you change TV channel it goes.

Anyone got any ideal of what I can do as cant afford a new box right now?

Thank you

| Sun 23 May 2021 15:20:44 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

A freesat unit after factory reset will only look for one frequency, that of the freesat home transponder: 11428 H 27500 2/3.

Do not reset your working unit. On your working unit can you try channel 999 or alternatively search for the above frequency in non freesat mode.

It may well be possible that there is a problem with your LNB that could result in your situation.

| Sun 23 May 2021 16:38:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Softangel

Hi, thanks for replying.
    With the working box when I go channel 999 it shows the Freesat screen as per attached picture.
    Hope picture shows up, just the main freesat screen

Attachments

1. IMG_2714.jpg (91 KB, 0 downloads) 2 years old
    | Sun 23 May 2021 17:07:13 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You mention that "It does irregularly work but lasts maybe 1-2 hours before signal goes again or if you change TV channel it goes." I would check the fitting of the F-connectors so that they make a good tight electrical circuit. make sure the inner core is tight, if not putting a kink it it can solve this. Did you fit both cables when you tried before, also worth swapping cables and retrying.

| Mon 24 May 2021 8:52:23 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Softangel

Hi I have checked the fittings and they are all fine.
    There is never any signal loosing on the box downstairs and still this box wont take signal with the same F cable.
    I cant see how it can be this cable as works fine for months downstairs and wont work the minute I change boxes. The downstairs cable are totally separate from upstairs one and still no signal.

| Mon 24 May 2021 10:22:34 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It is very rare for tuner problems on these units. The only reported cases are:
    1. Water ingression via the cable - usually there is discolouration around the F-Connector.
    2. Failing capacitors. Disconnect from mains wait for 5 mins and open and inspect for bulging capacitors. It should be possible to find a capacitor kit on the internet for this model.

| Mon 24 May 2021 10:29:52 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Softangel

I forgot to mention the box also would struggle to pick up remote control signals even with brand new batteries in it. Often I would have to manually switch it on/off or channel change, often the screen just froze. TV is fine without the box, just wonder if this is connected after all. Sometimes I had to disconnect the electric completely to make the box work again.

| Mon 24 May 2021 10:38:50 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Softangel

I have changed plugs before and done laptop replacements parts but never capacitors. Would this involve any thing technical or needing electrical experience? Soldiering is not something I can do after many failures.

| Mon 24 May 2021 10:40:59 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Well you need to be handy with a soldering iron and be able to identify the correct value capacitor to replace.

If you do have bulging capacitors you may also be able able to find an electrical repair shop which can do it for you.

| Mon 24 May 2021 10:45:28 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Softangel

Is there any way of sending it to Humax for repair or dont they do that?

| Mon 24 May 2021 16:56:39 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.