My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000S 1 TB

(21 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Softangel - 2 mins ago  » 
    Is there any way of sending it to Humax for repair or dont they do that?

Only one company repairs Humax kit that know of.

https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/product/repair-booking-humax-freesat-plus-freeview-plus-youview-plus-box-repairs-2/

| Mon 24 May 2021 17:00:58 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try opening the case on the faulty box. Disconnect the hard drive data and power plugs and see if it boots as a non recording box.

| Mon 24 May 2021 20:14:33 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Softangel

Surely if I disconnect the power cable it wont do anything?
    I have disconnected the hard drive, cleaned all the dust away and still exactly the same - cant pick up satellite signal.
    Also notice the fan is not turning.

Such a shame I really liked this box.

| Tue 25 May 2021 11:55:05 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Softangel

The other thing I noticed when I opened it was the mess on top of these boxes. Seems strange a manufacturer installed in this condition, could something be spilled on these boxes? Its the box where the aerial goes inside. One is much dirtier than the other.

Attachments

1. IMG_2723.jpg (55.7 KB, 7 downloads) 2 years old
    | Tue 25 May 2021 12:02:23 #14 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Softangel - 20 mins ago  » 
    Surely if I disconnect the power cable it wont do anything?
    I have disconnected the hard drive, cleaned all the dust away and still exactly the same - cant pick up satellite signal.
    Also notice the fan is not turning.
    Such a shame I really liked this box.

Graham ment the power cable to the hard drive.

| Tue 25 May 2021 12:16:40 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Softangel - 14 mins ago  » 
    The other thing I noticed when I opened it was the mess on top of these boxes. Seems strange a manufacturer installed in this condition, could something be spilled on these boxes?

The "boxes" are the tuners so there could be a link between their appearance and the loss of signal; understanding where the contamination came from is the key to the puzzle.

| Tue 25 May 2021 12:19:19 #16 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Softangel - 15 mins ago  » 
    The other thing I noticed when I opened it was the mess on top of these boxes. Seems strange a manufacturer installed in this condition, could something be spilled on these boxes? Its the box where the aerial goes inside. One is much dirtier than the other.

Is there any sign of discolouration on the actual socket (looks like LNB1) this would indicate water ingression via the LNB cable.(Bad news)

| Tue 25 May 2021 12:20:07 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Softangel

Hi no there is no sign of any discolouration, rust or anything on the socket itself. I would say the stains on the tuners look almost like dried milk type of thing but cant say how it would have got there??? These would have been under the sealed lid so a bit strange.

| Tue 25 May 2021 12:47:44 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Softangel

I purchased it used about 6 months back and was supposed to be fully working but think I got scammed now as not been fully working from the beginning with the remote often jamming. Again this must be a signal issue as well.

| Tue 25 May 2021 12:50:11 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Softangel

I spoke with the repair company linked earlier in this post. Lovely guy called Martin that I sent photos of the inside too. He said the circuit board is showing signs of damp and he doesnt think the signal problem is anything to do with the tuners. In his experience the tuners are marked from some metal corrosion and not from something leaked on them. As he probably has tons of experience with these issues he knows all there is to know. It has been arranged to return the box to them, he is not sure if it can be fixed or not. Depends what they find the fault is but he seemed to have an idea. He said he will update me once they have examined it. Worse case scenario I have lost the postage for a unit unfit to use.

The woman I purchased from has it sat her in garage but didnt know how long. Lesson learned not to store anything with circuit boards in the damp.

| Tue 25 May 2021 16:29:31 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.