My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000S and CEC

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AngusA

Hi, wonder if anyone can help?

I have a HDR-1000S and a Blu-ray player connected to the two inputs of a Yinglun 2x4 HDMI switch so I can watch either source on either my TV or projector.

I've been finding that when watching a DVD with the Humax in standby, the auto switching Yinglun will occasionally change the input to the Humax. It happens about once per half hour. I've tried switching the inputs over but same problem. I've also deleted the app from my Iphone in case that's causing a periodic CEC signal but no luck. The only way I seem to be able to stop the switching is to disconnect the Humax from the mains.

Is there a better solution out there than that?

Thanks

| Sun 29 Apr 2018 12:54:05 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's no good just deleting the app you need to unpair it first. HDMI switches don't use CEC they just auto select the last input with power applied (Some TV's like Panasonics to switch to HDMI 1 use the same system ) to provide auto switching with non cec sources. HDMI ports have power out that can bu used to power some devices. You will still get the issue when the box wakes to make a scheduled recording. From post's here the box powers the hdmi port for a short period.

The only way I can think of to completely fix without butchering a hdmi plug is to find a hdmi matrix switch that is completely manual.

| Sun 29 Apr 2018 13:04:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

AngusA

Thanks for the help. I've unpaired the app and the problem seems to be fixed in that I've been able to play an entire DVD without any switching issues. I realise there's still the scheduled recording issue but I will live with that.

| Sun 29 Apr 2018 15:03:39 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AngusA - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the help. I've unpaired the app and the problem seems to be fixed in that I've been able to play an entire DVD without any switching issues. I realise there's still the scheduled recording issue but I will live with that.

I think you might be able to fix it by using a 2 in 1 out auto switch on the Humax box output using it's output to feed the Humax input on the matrix switch. Hoping the short DC output won't switch the matrix switch (get passed through the 2 to 1 switch). This would mean that you will have to manually select the Humax input using the matrix remote control.

| Sun 29 Apr 2018 15:24:47 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.