My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000S Clicky remote

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ColonelSnow

Hi guys i'm new here so be gentle lol.

I just bought the above box but on setting it up and using it, the centre part (circular bit lol) is very clicky..shouldn't be like this? its a brand new remote....Anyone else got this problem?

Thanks in advance.

| Tue 17 Jun 2014 17:25:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Unfortunately this is the design of the "new model. All the New Humax's seem to have this design now. I find it annoying, but after a while you get used to it. Just turn the TV volume up! (only joking!) I think it was meant to help anyone with eyesight problems etc. Why they couldn't design it with an option to turn it off, I don't know. It's silly really. Hopefully Humax will improve matters with next models designed. I think you will find quite a few comments on various forums relating to this. You could try an Universal remote? Or if you are not happy take it back for a refund. Anyone else agree? Hope I have helped. I also hope they sort out the last software update. It really annoys me with regards teh DARK grey screen that keeps showing until it fades out or you use "Back" on remote. I will await next update with great joy!

| Tue 17 Jun 2014 18:09:37 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Probably in a minority, but I like the positive feedback the remote gives to user.

| Tue 17 Jun 2014 18:59:10 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ColonelSnow

jdlfreetime - 17 hours ago  » 
    Unfortunately this is the design of the "new model. All the New Humax's seem to have this design now. I find it annoying, but after a while you get used to it. Just turn the TV volume up! (only joking!) I think it was meant to help anyone with eyesight problems etc. Why they couldn't design it with an option to turn it off, I don't know. It's silly really. Hopefully Humax will improve matters with next models designed. I think you will find quite a few comments on various forums relating to this. You could try an Universal remote? Or if you are not happy take it back for a refund. Anyone else agree? Hope I have helped. I also hope they sort out the last software update. It really annoys me with regards teh DARK grey screen that keeps showing until it fades out or you use "Back" on remote. I will await next update with great joy!

Hi mate.

Sorry.......i think you misread....I'm talking about the centre round part on the remote.....its clicky whatever press it?

Thanks Barry BTW.

| Wed 18 Jun 2014 11:59:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Personally I could live with the clicks, but does my other half really need to hear positive feedback when I press certain buttons on the remote.
    And there are plenty of nice non-clicking quiet buttons on the remote, it isn't difficult to feel when you have pressed one correctly.

| Sat 21 Jun 2014 8:01:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I agree, Barry is correct, he is in the minority in liking this terrible remote.

| Sat 21 Jun 2014 11:30:33 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Barry - 3 days ago  » 
    Welcome to our Forum
    Probably in a minority, but I like the positive feedback the remote gives to user.

I don't mind it at all. As you say the positive feedback lets you know you are doing something.

| Sat 21 Jun 2014 11:54:30 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I am with Barry on this as well. My PC mouse also gives positive feedback and the keyboard also. My phone has them on by default but does have a off setting for the likes of Pollensa1946.

| Sat 21 Jun 2014 13:05:38 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ColonelSnow

I can't get used to the clicking noise...none of my other remotes do it, But Curry's dont seem too keen to take another one out of a box in the store, should i get in touch with Humax?

| Sat 21 Jun 2014 15:20:13 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

What are you expecting of Curry's or Humax. The R/C clicks, of that model they all do it. You won't get one that does not.

| Sat 21 Jun 2014 16:10:06 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.