My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000S Clicky remote

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

REPASSAC - 4 hours ago  » 
    I am with Barry on this as well. My PC mouse also gives positive feedback and the keyboard also. My phone has them on by default but does have a off setting for the likes of Pollensa1946.

Yesterday I spent half an hour in a dentist waiting room with a phone addicted 80 year old, 30 minutes of constant beeping feeding back to me. I really don't see why people need/want buttons to click, beep or say "I can confirm you have pressed me, have a nice day", surely you press them and the positive feedback is something should happen ?

| Sat 21 Jun 2014 17:40:13 #11 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Reffub - 1 hour ago  » 

REPASSAC - 4 hours ago  » 
    I am with Barry on this as well. My PC mouse also gives positive feedback and the keyboard also. My phone has them on by default but does have a off setting for the likes of Pollensa1946.

Yesterday I spent half an hour in a dentist waiting room with a phone addicted 80 year old, 30 minutes of constant beeping feeding back to me. I really don't see why people need/want buttons to click, beep or say "I can confirm you have pressed me, have a nice day", surely you press them and the positive feedback is something should happen ?

Imagine you have phoned a utility company and surprise surprise you get a list of options, you press something (for assistance), you get no sound and nothing happens, what then.

Seriously, things take different times to happen and I guess the beep means we are dealing with it. I used to work for a IT company and the thing that most people craved for with responses to database enquiries was consistency of response time. Inserting a delay in the fastest enquiries significantly increased user satisfaction.

I guess the old saying, you can't please all of the people all of the time, will always hold true.

p.s. The HB-1000S remote is the same (some different button assignments/changes) but does also control the TV.

| Sat 21 Jun 2014 19:02:20 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

"Imagine you have..........."

That has absolutely nothing to do with people that insist on having their Keyboard clicks and Key pad beeps enabled.

| Sat 21 Jun 2014 20:09:01 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Oddly I don't recall anybody ever complaining that the Foxsat HDR remote was too quiet !

All this does make me wonder how some people cope when pressing one of the many quiet buttons on the 1000s remote ?

"Clicker provides you the way to deliver positive feedback that never ‘runs out’ ........."

http://www.theperfectgsdtrainingmanual.com/clicker-training-for-dogs/

| Sat 21 Jun 2014 20:11:47 #14 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Reffub - 11 minutes ago  » 
    "Imagine you have..........."
    That has absolutely nothing to do with people that insist on having their Keyboard clicks and Key pad beeps enabled.

You assume that there is a way of disabling them on all devices.

| Sat 21 Jun 2014 20:21:24 #15 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Reffub - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Oddly I don't recall anybody ever complaining that the Foxsat HDR remote was too quiet !
    All this does make me wonder how some people cope when pressing one of the many quiet buttons on the 1000s remote ?
    "Clicker provides you the way to deliver positive feedback that never ‘runs out’ ........."
    http://www.theperfectgsdtrainingmanual.com/clicker-training-for-dogs/

As you say several buttons do provide instant feedback instead - Mute - Volume - channel up/down(usually).

My main point is I really do not see why anyone gets so worked up over something so trivial.

| Sat 21 Jun 2014 20:23:42 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

My main point is I really do not see why anyone gets so worked up over something so trivial.

Hear hear.

I like a good click myself, but have no objection to others preferring silence.

| Sat 21 Jun 2014 21:02:50 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Buy one of the earlier remote controls from the earlier boxes like the Foxsat-HDR or HDR FOX T2, They will also control the Freetime boxes. Can't say that the supplied remote bothers me in any way. Shame it doesn't allow you to control other kit like the earlier remotes though.

| Sat 21 Jun 2014 22:29:56 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

My knees and my right hip clicks - I'm beginning to wonder if this isn't some kind of insideous plot and before long we will all be clicking.

| Sun 22 Jun 2014 15:53:07 #19 |
  10. Davy

Davy

special member

I have the 1010s and the clicking noise was driving me mad so I used the remote I had for my older Freesat box and it works 100% also it works the TV as well.
    I use a
    HUMAX PVR FOXSAT-HDR REMOTE CONTROL
    Look it up on Amazon or EBay, I use it all the time and other remote is just gathering dust now.
    Should work with your box as well..

| Sun 22 Jun 2014 23:53:42 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.