My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000S Dual Recording Problem

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cydonia423

Hello

I have just moved house and I am now having a problem with dual recordings.

I have set Salamander on BBC4 HD to record on series link which is two episodes back to back. The box won't let me record anything else at the same time saying there is a recording clash. It seems to work fine when recording two programs at the same time normally so I am wondering if it is something to do with there being two episodes back to back.

I have tried taking the episodes off series link and just setting them to record separately but still the same problem occurs.

On the signal test it says only one cable is connected but I have a cable connected to both inputs. It only shows a signal on tuner 2 if I am recording one channel and viewing or recording another.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

| Fri 7 Mar 2014 10:19:40 #1 |
  2. badbones

badbones

Hi Cydonia!

I am guessing that the dish and cable were already there when you moved into your new home.

If this is the case it is possible that the other end of the cable that is connected to input 1 is not connected to the dish properly or not at all.

Try swapping the cables over on the back of the box. If only input 1 shows a signal then my theory about the other end of the cable is probably correct.

I hope this is useful for you.

| Fri 7 Mar 2014 11:05:15 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The number of cables detected happens only at first install of system factory reset. If only one is detected the unit will make an internal link to enable both tuners. This allows more than one recording to happen at once but with limitations.

Make a note of your recording schedule as you will need to re-enter it and do a factory reset. Watch carefully for the on-screen massage confirming two cables detected. If only one is reported you have a cable or LNB fault.

| Fri 7 Mar 2014 11:40:59 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

cydonia423

Thank you.

The factory reset worked. I had thought about trying it but I was worried I would lose all my recordings. It's working fine now anyway.

| Wed 12 Mar 2014 8:45:31 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.