My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000S HDMI issue

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mikeb71

Hi all,
    I've just replaced my old Humax HDR with the new 'Freetime' model and I'm experiencing a strange (and annoying) problem. I use a Harmony remote that turns on my Sony TV, Yamaha receiver and Humax which is all well and good (or was) but since swapping my old box for the new one sometimes at start up the TV/receiver isn't detecting the audio for the Humax and so the TV turns it's own speakers on rather than running the sound through the receiver due to a 'communication error'. I then have to go into the TV menu and tell it to use the audio system instead, which is both annoying and not very 'wife friendly' . This doesn't happen with the old box (previously or if I plug it back in now), so I'm wondering what difference there likely is between the two boxes that would cause this, and what I can do about it?
    Any suggestions gratefully received.

| Mon 29 Oct 2012 22:55:35 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

keithwarrington

I'm not an expert but I have a similar problem, before installing my HDR 1000s all functions on my setup were controllable by the tv remote and the CEC standard. As soon as I connect my HDR 1000s these functions stop. My dealer has come up with a temporary fix. Break the cec wire in the HDMI lead to HDR 1000s result all functions worked as before and the HDR box works as a stand alone unit.

| Sun 18 Nov 2012 11:57:43 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.