My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s --- Keeps LOCKING UP ! ! ! !

(4 posts)
  1. Globalmatrix

Globalmatrix

We bought a HUMAX HDR 1000s about 4 weeks ago, we have the latest Upgrade installed, but since the firmware upgrade the machine keeps LOCKING UP ? either the menu freezes or the channel list goes blank , and the remote just does not respond. The only way to correct this is totally remote it. I have changed the batterys in the remote, so where do I go from here ??????????.

| Sun 30 Dec 2012 16:23:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wizzo

Had the same problem re format the hard drive and it will be ok again. I should point out that anything you had on the disk will be lost.
    The problem is caused by a hard drive buffer read/ write error in the updated firmware.

| Mon 31 Dec 2012 7:53:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB

Had our first lockup last night - first noticed that the remote wasn't doing anything (just trying to call up the banner). No buttons worked at all. On the device itself, the only buttons that actually did work were the volume up/down. The 2580 remote code thing didn't do anything.

Ended up yanking the power cable and re-booting. Was initially panicked as my recordings disappeared (planned were still in place), but they came back after a few mins! Phew!

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 12:38:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tony-EastLeake

Bought the DTR1000 end of February. Just had my third replacement through locking up. I'll say this for the support, they respond quickly. Now this one has done it after 10 days (longest period so far). Letter to Humax Direct gone, take it and give me my money back. When it worked it was great but need more than 10 days use at a time. Very disappointed. Friends bought one via John Lewis and no problems. Do Humax Direct sell off the returned ones ?

| Thu 10 Apr 2014 16:17:55 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.