My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000S keeps restarting

(7 posts)
  1. moose

moose

last night (late) my humax was left in the recordings screen when i went to bed, when i got up this am it was still in the same screen but frozen out from the remote. When i unplugged it and plugged it back in, it reboots and when the picture comes up,the picture freezes after about 3 seconds then the unit reboots again. Any ideas please people?

| Sun 21 Apr 2013 13:14:13 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Do you have the auto standby setting enabled? *I can't remember what it is called). Any reason you did not put it in standby?

When you disconnected the power did you leave it for at least a minute for the capacitors to discharge?

| Sun 21 Apr 2013 15:24:45 #2 |
  3. moose

moose

I left it for an hour or so.
    I leave it on most of the time cos when put in standby overnight when switched on next day it was unresponsive until you unplugged it and in again

| Sun 21 Apr 2013 17:17:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

Happened to me in Jan. Constant rebooting, picture appears for a few seconds, freezes, reboots. I doubt it was anything to do with you leaving it in the recordings screen. Just seems to happen to some units. Call Humax. They had a replacement unit to me within 24 hours, but you have lost all your recordings I'm afraid.

| Sun 21 Apr 2013 19:47:39 #4 |
  5. moose

moose

Guess I'll be giving them a call tomorrow then, such a shame that these boxes have such potential yet cause so much grief

| Sun 21 Apr 2013 20:51:26 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Fixer

Bought a new HDR1000S 1TB this week from Amazon. Connect it up, played with it for a few minutes, then decided I would update the firmware. Started the update manually, download happened, box restarted showing Freesat Logo and Humax logo side by side. Display on fron of box said starting. Seconds later box switches off and appears to restart. Same performance again, and again, and again. Looping about every 25 seconds.

I tried switching off with front panel switch, no joy! Had to pull he power cable to stop it. When I replaced the power cable the box started up and went into the same loop. The box has no reset button so I tried every combination of button holding with and without powering up the box, all to no avail.

A quick google of the symptoms indicated there may be an issue here.

Packaged box back up and Amazon came and took it away. Ordered another one the same day and expecting it tomorrow. Really nervous about plugging it in now and regretting sending my old trusty Foxsat HDR away!

| Fri 26 Apr 2013 15:31:04 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

moose - 4 days ago  » ...such a shame that these boxes have such potential yet cause so much grief...

That about sums it up perfectly. I had a whole variety of problems prior to V.37 of the f/w. After installing the update it became gloriously stable and reliable, until this week when I was forced to format the HDD and lost months of recordings.

| Fri 26 Apr 2013 16:04:55 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.