My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000S lost HDMI

(2 posts)
  1. vinnypowell

vinnypowell

I've had my HDR 1000S set up in my bedroom for several months now. I don't watch it too often, a couple of times a week to catch up on all the recordings I have made. Today when I turned it on there was no signal on the TV. It appears that the HDMI output has stopped working? I tried all the obvious things, a new cable, different HDMI socket on the TV, etc. Even a factory reset!

Both the cable and TV HDMI port works fine with other devices. Strangely though the composite output works fine but the picture is obviously not as clean. When connected via composite I checked the settings to try a different HDMI resolution and noticed that the HDMI settings are all greyed out. I decided to just watch via composite and the box started to cut out after about 20 mins...it would just power off. It does feel rather hot and also the fan doesn't seem to kick in. Any thoughts...is it on it's way out? I'd be sorry bury this box in landfill...

| Sat 24 Jul 2021 15:51:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

vinnypowell - 1 day ago  » 
    Both the cable and TV HDMI port works fine with other devices. Strangely though the composite output works fine but the picture is obviously not as clean. When connected via composite I checked the settings to try a different HDMI resolution and noticed that the HDMI settings are all greyed out. I decided to just watch via composite and the box started to cut out after about 20 mins...it would just power off. It does feel rather hot and also the fan doesn't seem to kick in.

Is the box well ventilated with nothing on top of it. It sounds as though it could be overheating and may start working again when the ambient temperature drops. If it doesn't try taking the lid off (with power disconnected obviously) and see if there is dust inside that needs removing.

| Sun 25 Jul 2021 16:05:56 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.