My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s not recording from standby

(9 posts)
  1. Jimmynics

Jimmynics

Hello,

My girlfriend has just bought the HDR 1000s 1TB recorder and as it failed to record a heap of different channels in the first week I found that the second cable signal was not showing any signal.

We returned it stating these were the problems, and then, after installing the second box found the exact same symptoms. I found this forum and found that it was working (albeit a little confusing!) and that if the signal is not showing while watching only one channel, the moment I started recording two completely different channels the signal was there. Also shows it at the bottom stating two cables in the text.

Now that I understand how it works on that front, it still fails to record programs.

Since Saturday we have left it on so it does not automatically go onto standby and heypresto the buggre of a thing has not missed a recording to date!

So is there a setting I should change to bring it out of sleep to record?

Sorry its long winded but if anyone else sees this it may shed some light on things for them

Cheers

| Wed 5 Dec 2012 23:43:46 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

No special setting, the box should just record in sby. Note it exhibits very little external signs it's recording when in sby. The hard disc is so quiet that unless you stick your ear to it you can't tell it's running. There is a tiny very dim rec icon on the front if it's recording.

Are you saying when you boot the box there's no sign of the recordings in the media list ?

| Thu 6 Dec 2012 10:58:23 #2 |
  3. Jimmynics

Jimmynics

OK, I'll try it again, but it has the triangle and failed to record beside everything where it should have recorded. Not seen any failed recordings since we left it permanently on

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 0:25:47 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dancingbarber

Yeah Jimmy my set has started doing the same thing, will not record while on standby, but is ok if you leave it on. But the whole thing is getting so flaky that I have started thinking of buying dvd's rather than suffer the dissapointment of recordings not happening when they should.

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 16:56:48 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dancingbarber - 20 minutes ago  » 
    Yeah Jimmy my set has started doing the same thing, will not record while on standby, but is ok if you leave it on. But the whole thing is getting so flaky that I have started thinking of buying dvd's rather than suffer the dissapointment of recordings not happening when they should.

Set a +- auto padding time of 2 minutes.

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 17:18:22 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dancingbarber

ok graham will try that thanks.

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 17:41:20 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dancingbarber - 7 minutes ago  » 
    ok graham will try that thanks.

The other alternative is try setting a power on timer about 1-2 hrs before the first recording of the day is due.

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 17:50:06 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

scotorca

What is this setting (power on) actually needed for, apart from recording sometimes?

| Wed 13 Feb 2013 19:35:54 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bargain Dave

There is a beta software update on the Humax site that cures this

| Wed 13 Feb 2013 20:20:29 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.