My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000S pause and rewind problem.

(8 posts)
  1. fixerman

fixerman

I think I have found a new glitch with the HDR 1000S. I have discovered that I can no longer pause, rewind or skip a live or a recorded programme. If I do a factory reset the functions return only to disappear again after the box is switched off and on again. I have upgraded the HDD to 2TB.

| Sat 13 Apr 2013 18:42:27 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kerrysat

Sounds like a software problem re connecting the new hdd. Have you tried putting the old hdd back to see if that works?

| Thu 12 Feb 2015 15:12:53 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If you press record on a programme you have been watching from the start do you get the start of the programme recorded or not?

If not it sounds like a corrupt recording buffer. A disk reformat should correct it.
    The replacement disk, is it an AV/CE type drive?

| Thu 12 Feb 2015 15:35:39 #3 |
  4. hairbear

hairbear

I have a similar issue just started a few days ago. Can't do trick modes from live. If I record the program currently being viewed, then I can. So, is the review buffer on a different part of the drive to recordings, or on a different partition ?. There should really be some way to fix this without having to reformat and lose all your recodings ?

hairbear

| Fri 13 Feb 2015 7:01:18 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

The original post is from almost 2 years ago, not too sure about the hdr1000s, but other humax's have the 'review buffer' on the same partition as the recordings and I wouldn't imagine the hdr1000s to be any different.

Have you tried putting the box into standby, waiting for the disk to spin down, can take a while, powering off at mains, waiting a short while and powering back up again.

It does sound like a corrupt buffer/index and Humax's advice used to be to re-format even though it should be very easy to come up with a fix for it. It'd be worthwhile contacting Humax just in case and posting their reply.

| Fri 13 Feb 2015 7:46:43 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Much less is known re the HDR-10x0S series as the recordings partition is on an encrypted filing system. However if it follows the same pattern as other units, the time slip buffer is at the start of the recordings partition and is a fixed named file which is constantly reused.

It is the most venerable file on the disk, as it is constantly written to while you are watching a live programme.

The usual signs are loss of all time slip functions together with loss of the ability to record the start of the programme being watched in the case of having watched the programme from the start.

Unless there is physical damage to the disk (No cases have reported) then a reformat is the only way to rectify.

| Fri 13 Feb 2015 7:56:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sacha

Hi
    Not used this forum much so a tad clueless! Quick question - does anyone know if humax are doing anything about this? My humax no longer supports the live functions - pause etc. I have hundreds of recordings and if I understand it correctly will lose them all and all my recording scheduleS. This will get me in very hot water with the missus!!
    The problem is after I do all this and setup all my recordinks again there's no guarantee the problem won't happen again and I'll be right back to square one! And in even more hot water!
    Seems to me if this is a problem with humax boxes there should be a less nuclear option to reset the buffer.
    Does anyone know best way to get this raised and adressed if not already raised formally? It's a real shame because this problem aside I think it's a great product but this is really irritating me.
    Thanks in advance

| Thu 26 Feb 2015 7:32:10 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Nothing has changed since the previous posts. The time-slip buffer is constantly written to and therefore must be prone to corruption from any power cuts, for example.
    There have been several posts on this subject, however the problem does not appear to be widespread.

| Thu 26 Feb 2015 8:57:09 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.