My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000s Planned Recordings Lost

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

HEYABC

[b]I have set series recordings for programs and today checked to see what was recorded for the week, in the planned section of the home screen nothing was listed.

- On demand buffering issues on BBCi that I never had before
    - ITV Player on the roll back of the <FreeTime> nearly always only lists two programs, called ITV and the ITV player manager said we do not currently support <FreeTime> with our ITV player.

The box froze twice the other day, and all that Freesat say it must be my equipment, well I have had SKY before and never had same problems, had freesat Samsung HDR box and all programs recorded only one failed since having the box that was no ones at freesat or Samsung fault it was a power cut.

<FreeTime> Buffering issues, failed recording, people reporting showcase not working correctly, rolling back the tv guide slow and many on demand programs do not play as it buffers, reporting this to Freesat and they just blame my equipment.

You set series recording to save time - often it fails or all the programs get deleted from the planned guide.

<FreeTime> letting me down. I am looking around for another box / should i could back to SKY. I just do not want another monthly bill.

<FreeTime> spending my freetime dealing with failures, faults and glitches too many of them.

My Broadband speed has been checked 4.5mb each time they checked it, my communal dish has been checked and no one else in the block has any issues as most use SKY and SKY users get a superior service, I realize they pay monthly for it.

| Sun 11 Nov 2012 21:01:49 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. Can you try tuning to channel 407 Fashion One. Can you view this channel without any problems ?

Can you watch the following channels ?

135 CBS Reality
    403 Food Network
    404 Food Network + 1
    140 BET (Black Entertainment TV)
    509 Zing TV
    206 RT
    401 INFORMATION TV
    515 Vintage TV

| Sun 11 Nov 2012 21:15:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blofeld

HEYABC

I would be grateful to know if you got your box sorted, as our 2 week old box has just done the same. Bought home adapter plugs to watch on demand (watched iPlayer once last week with 10metre long wire to router when box failed to record, so has worked previously!) but now wont work with wired or wireless, says 'Incorrect Link'.
    While faffing around with plugs, realised all planned recordings disappeared, does this mean when electricity goes off have to reset recordings?
    Also have had issues with series linking not working and what it flashes at top of TV screen when recording and what actually IS recording very rarely agree.
    Tried to ring Humax and Freesat, but only open during office hours, how helpful!
    Really regretting buying all singing all dancing box now.

Sorry, just had to vent!

| Sun 25 Nov 2012 12:14:46 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Everything is retained on removing power and when power is restored the unit will power up and reset it timers and go back into standby.

It sounds like there is something wrong with you network connection. Is the green light on the HDR's ethernet socket? Does the settings (System - info - network, from memory) show an ip? Do the homplug indicaors show correctly?

As regards the failed recordings - channel and programme data can help identify broadcaster data errors (some channels have still to master this!). Also check the signal level on channel 407 - the freesat transponder is the same as 407s.

| Sun 25 Nov 2012 18:51:50 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.