My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000S Rebooting every 10 mins

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

john789

I have had my HDR1000S since November and had no problems, except the known failed recording bug that was fixed in the last software update.

But today, I switch it on at 18:15 and after 10 mins watching live BBC1 HD the box rebooted it self.
    Just like someone pressed the standby button and then they switched it back on again (back on BBC1 HD).
    So it took the usual long time to boot up again.

After 8 mins I started watching a recording and 2 mins later it rebooted again.

I then put the box in to standby for a few minutes.
    Then I did a factory reset.
    I have had no problems since.

I have the 500GB hard drive. No network connection and use 2 cable satellite connection.
    HDMI to a Sony TV.

I also did a factory reset after the last software update.

I also had a halogen light bulb on at the time and it never flickered or anything. So it can not have been a mains glitch.

Has anyone else any experience of this problem? The only thing I have found is http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/Products-and-equipment/HDR-1000s-rebooting-for-no-apparent-reason/td-p/3224

| Fri 12 Apr 2013 22:58:30 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

How long is the "usual long time to boot up again"?

| Sat 13 Apr 2013 7:27:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonko

This was happening to me yesterday too.
    1Tb disc, network connected, 2 cable sat, HDMI to to Toshiba tv. 1.00.37 software. Connected to mains through an UPS.

It started when the box locked up, unable to control using the remote or buttons. I had to disconnect the power. It powered back on, but with a shrunken picture, and still no response from the remote or buttons. Repeated disconnecting the power, but left it off for a couple of minutes. Powered it back on and everything seemed okay, but then it stated rebooting every ten minutes or so. Powered it down using the remote and left it. So far today it seems to be okay though.

I like this box, the only issue I have is the inability to set a DNS server in the network set up - it is in France and I use a VPN and have a workaround, but would like to use my smart VPN service.

Jonko.

| Sat 13 Apr 2013 10:52:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

john789

REPASSAC - 8 hours ago  » 
    How long is the "usual long time to boot up again"?

Just under 40 seconds before I can change channel.
    I take back the words long time.
    It just felt long when I was missing the news item on TV.

| Sat 13 Apr 2013 16:28:03 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I guess that must be about 5 seconds less to picture and another tad less for sound.
    If it does it again I suggest you put it in standby and then pull the power for 2 mins.

| Sat 13 Apr 2013 16:40:50 #5 |
  6. moose

moose

I'm having similar issues this am, last night (late) my humax was left in the recordings screen when i went to bed, when i got up this am it was still in the same screen but frozen out from the remote. When i unplugged it and plugged it back in, it reboots and when the picture comes up,the picture freezes after about 3 seconds then the unit reboots again. Any ideas please people?

| Sun 21 Apr 2013 10:20:54 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.