My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000s to HDR-1100s - any point?

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outatime

I've had the HDR-1000s since it first came out. I've now been given a HDR-1100s. The newer box is a bit smaller and has wifi but neither of these things are of importance to me. Are there any other reasons such as improved internal specs such as faster hard drive? Or improved reliability? I have a lot of programmes saved on my HDR-1000s so I would lose all of those if I switched. If there's no difference in terms of performance between the two then I'm thinking I should just leave as it is? Thanks for your thoughts, David.

| Sun 5 Feb 2017 21:27:19 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Leave it as it is or ideally wire two extra cables from your lnb and use both.

Two boxes share same software, the latter one is smaller but is cut down considerably in terms of features, no scart, no front display. You can't transfer existing recordings from one to the other.

History suggests the earlier box is likely to be more reliable. Having two you can share the load between two so likely to last twice as long. , and record 4 at once and watch more channels at the same time while recording two.

| Sun 5 Feb 2017 21:35:17 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.