My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000S tuners' failure

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Roysyboy

My HDR 1000S indicates no received signal on either satellite input. But I tested my dish/LNB with a different box, and found no problem.

I am a retired analogue-electronics engineer, but I am daunted by the HDR's electronics PCB, and I can find no information about this electronics.

Perhaps the HDR is not supplying the required DC voltage (13-18V?) to the LNB? Does anyone have any suggestions on what checks I might be able to do, or whatever?

| Sat 21 Dec 2019 10:05:02 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Please describe what the other Box was. Also did the HDR-1000S indicate no signal when tuned to a channel or on default reset / Freesat tune.

Tuner faults on these units are very rare indeed.

During a freesat tune/ default reset a freesat unit will only try and detect a single signal 11428 H 27500 2/3. A common fault with LNB's is loss of H or V bands or of switching problems - tests need to be carried on High and Low bands for both signal polarisations.

| Sat 21 Dec 2019 12:05:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Roysyboy

Thanks Repassac

The other box was an HDR 1100S.

I now think that I had/have water ingress to the LNB connections, and this varied/varies with time/weather.

| Sun 22 Dec 2019 11:02:41 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Check if the ingress has reached the entry HDR-1000S LNB Inputs, which are likely to have discoloured if so, and to date, are the only cause of a previous tuner failure I have seen.

Water ingress can manifest itself by a loss of a variable range of frequencies and complicated by how many feeds have ingress and also which connection is the problem.
    The sure standard advice is to replace the cable and reseal with silicone grease on all external connections.

| Sun 22 Dec 2019 11:11:10 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.