My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000S TURNS OFF WHILST WATCHING RECORDING

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

alanclarke2988

ON MY SECOND BOX NOW WITHIN 2 MON THE. BOX TURNS OFF FOR NO REASON WHEN WATCHING A RECORDED PRO GRAEME ALL AUTO POWER SETTING SWITCHED OFF INCLUDING TV....HELP!!!

| Mon 23 Dec 2013 21:09:56 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. You may have a rogue infra red source in the room. Can you try covering the front of the box with a piece of cardboard to eliminate this ? Some low energy bulbs generate IR and have been known to create weird issues like this. As it's a second box and you have disabled auto power off it is unlikely to be a issue with the box itself.

| Mon 23 Dec 2013 21:16:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

alanclarke2988

Thank you Graham..I only have one other remote and that's for my Samsung TV. ..surely that would not be the issue???

| Mon 23 Dec 2013 22:36:48 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

alanclarke2988 - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you Graham..I only have one other remote and that's for my Samsung TV. ..surely that would not be the issue???

Only if you pressed a button on it. Do you have any low energy lights in the room on when the box shuts down ?

| Mon 23 Dec 2013 22:49:52 #4 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Try turning off HDMI CEC control on your TV settings and see if that ressolves it.

| Mon 23 Dec 2013 23:45:23 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

alanclarke2988

Low energy light?? Do u mean in the room itself???
    Also re the home cec the TV stays on when the box switches itself off!!!
    I bought this brand new from Amazon in late Oct phoned humax support over a week ago guy said it's poss a faulty hard drive format it!! Did that still did it told me they would send a recon one for my new one....no way spoke to amazon they replaced with brand new one and this one does it.....something needs to be done about this issue....

| Tue 24 Dec 2013 0:30:08 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

alanclarke2988

Low energy light?? Do u mean in the room itself???
    Also re the home cec the TV stays on when the box switches itself off!!!
    I bought this brand new from Amazon in late Oct phoned humax support over a week ago guy said it's poss a faulty hard drive format it!! Did that still did it told me they would send a recon one for my new one....no way spoke to amazon they replaced with brand new one and this one does it.....something needs to be done about this issue....

| Tue 24 Dec 2013 0:46:11 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donj

So to clarify.

It (they) only switched off when watching recordings. When watching live TV there is no problem.

It (they) switched off at different times of the day.

| Tue 24 Dec 2013 6:39:27 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

From memory your problem is unique in all of the many posts in different forums over the past 14 months since the launch. Since it is present in 2 boxes then it might be reasonable to conclude it's your specific environment, although the fact that it only happens during watching recordings is again strange. As Graham says in his post, have you looked at every possible cause in the room?

| Tue 24 Dec 2013 10:49:33 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Have you a relatively strong source of rf close to the box. Say a cordless phone base station or a WiFi router ? If so try relocating it. Yes a ir source would have to be in the room or possibly close to a window.

| Tue 24 Dec 2013 10:53:56 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.