My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000S TURNS OFF WHILST WATCHING RECORDING

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

Hi Alan, welcome to the forum.
    Could you please be a little more specific with your problem, ie, does the box power down completely? does it go into standby mode? does it power down then reboot? does it do this only when the box is recording? does it only do this at certain times of the day? how often does it do this? As it has already been said, if this is your second box then it is more likely your operating environment as this is not a issue I have come across before. My box reboots itself at random times, but not that often so I can live with it.

You will notice that if you point your remote away from the box it will still work, I can even go out of the room and it will work!!! So it could be picking up a rouge signal from somewhere, even outside the room/house. Has your neighbour got a Humax box? it may sound stupid, but you cant rule it out. I remember having problems once with my TV, it used to suddenly throw a hissy fit, then I found out it was my next door neighbour, he had a new automatic garage door fitted and he would operate the remote coming up his drive, we had a shared drive and my lounge window was in range of his remote. Weird but true.

I am not an expert here, but there are others that are and can probably help if you give more specific information.

| Tue 24 Dec 2013 13:56:30 #11 |
  2. Wallace

Wallace

special member

Power save mode enabled? Shuts down if no button is pressed for a certain amount of time. Just a guess.

| Tue 24 Dec 2013 17:44:53 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

Wallace - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Power save mode enabled? Shuts down if no button is pressed for a certain amount of time. Just a guess.

Yes, I thought that could be the problem, but if you read the original post he says power save is turned off on both the box and TV,

| Tue 24 Dec 2013 17:56:57 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

alanclarke2988

Hi guys thanks for all your input....right it turns off when watching a recording....as if you have pressed the power button on the remote!!!
    I do have my router and cordless phone next to it....so I will re locate them. If happens again I will then look to remotes....thanks

| Wed 25 Dec 2013 8:48:12 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

alanclarke2988 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi guys thanks for all your input....right it turns off when watching a recording....as if you have pressed the power button on the remote!!!
    I do have my router and cordless phone next to it....so I will re locate them. If happens again I will then look to remotes....thanks

Every time when watching a recording?..........

A rouge signal would give you that problem no matter what the box was doing, not just watching recordings. This problem is new to me, but if you say that you have already exchanged your box then the chance of the second box having the identical fault is pretty much zero. I am pretty sure it must be something to do with your operational environment, hopefully after you have relocated your router and other equipment the problem will be solved, if not then maybe someone here will come up with a fix. Good luck.

| Wed 25 Dec 2013 11:25:06 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.