My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s won't record a certain programme

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

netherfield

Have just bought this new HDR to replace a Panasonic box.

Now I'm having a similar problem with it.

Because of the time we eat I always record the local BBC news,Look North in this case, I can set it to record as a 'series' but every now and again it misses one and then won't continue to record the following days unless I delete and start again.

There is no pattern to when it does this, no particular day of the week, sometimes it can go up to 8 days, sometimes only 3.
    Only had the Humax since Saturday when I set the recording on Tues it failed, on checking it showed it would record Weds but failed again, so I have deleted the series and set it again, tonight we will have to see what happens, this seems to be following the same pattern as the Panasonic did, so I can't say it the fault of the either machine, and imagine it's got something to do with what the BBC are doing to the signal.

Having said all that this is the only prog it won't serial record,at least from the Panny experience anyway.

I thought at least I could pick it up on demand only to find the BBC don't put out the regional news just yet.

Does anyone know of a way of perhaps contacting the BBC to see if they know any reasons for this.

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 19:04:37 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

netherfield - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Have just bought this new HDR to replace a Panasonic box.
    Now I'm having a similar problem with it.
    Because of the time we eat I always record the local BBC news,Look North in this case, I can set it to record as a 'series' but every now and again it misses one and then won't continue to record the following days unless I delete and start again.
    There is no pattern to when it does this, no particular day of the week, sometimes it can go up to 8 days, sometimes only 3.
    Only had the Humax since Saturday when I set the recording on Tues it failed, on checking it showed it would record Weds but failed again, so I have deleted the series and set it again, tonight we will have to see what happens, this seems to be following the same pattern as the Panasonic did, so I can't say it the fault of the either machine, and imagine it's got something to do with what the BBC are doing to the signal.
    Having said all that this is the only prog it won't serial record,at least from the Panny experience anyway.
    I thought at least I could pick it up on demand only to find the BBC don't put out the regional news just yet.
    Does anyone know of a way of perhaps contacting the BBC to see if they know any reasons for this.

You could set a manual record for it - recordings > Planned > RIGHT.

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 19:14:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

netherfield

O.K. thanks for that idea,but it doesn't solve it completely, because Look North is trasmitted at different times at the weekend it will miss those out.

Although I have now another problem, it failed to record CSI Miami on saturday evening. And of course 5 isn't available on demand yet.

| Sun 25 Nov 2012 20:28:22 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

netherfield - 1 hour ago  » 
    O.K. thanks for that idea,but it doesn't solve it completely, because Look North is trasmitted at different times at the weekend it will miss those out.
    Although I have now another problem, it failed to record CSI Miami on saturday evening. And of course 5 isn't available on demand yet.

5 is not so good with start signals and CRIDs as the other channels

| Sun 25 Nov 2012 22:02:17 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.