HDR-1010s HDD not recognised

(30 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Martin Liddle - 9 hours ago  » 

Faust - 11 hours ago  » 
    Well given it's not likely to be hardware failure

What is your evidence for it not being a hardware problem? This to me smells much more like a hardware issue than a software issue. If it was a hardware issue then Humax would probably continue to peddle the software problem possibility simply because admitting a hardware problem would quite likely cost them a lot of money in repairs.

I didn't say it wasn't I said it was unlikely. Without further examination it's impossible to confirm one way or the other.

| Wed 15 Jun 2016 9:17:30 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Faust - 58 minutes ago  » ...I didn't say it wasn't I said it was unlikely...

OK, on what basis do you think it unlikely to be a h/w problem? You must have considered this at length and on the balance of probabilities reached this conclusion.

| Wed 15 Jun 2016 10:18:43 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 1 hour ago  » 

Faust - 58 minutes ago  » ...I didn't say it wasn't I said it was unlikely...

OK, on what basis do you think it unlikely to be a h/w problem? You must have considered this at length and on the balance of probabilities reached this conclusion.

I go right back to my original post on the subject i.e. if one was going in the skip than I would happily relieve the person throwing it of going to the bother. That should provide you with your answer. However, in the absence of such an item then further cogitation of the matter is meaningless.

| Wed 15 Jun 2016 12:18:22 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

So other than the opportunity to acquire a free box, which may or may not subsequently be fixed, you really have no idea what the problem may or may not be. I agree, further debate is meaningless.

| Wed 15 Jun 2016 12:30:19 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 1 hour ago  » 
    So other than the opportunity to acquire a free box, which may or may not subsequently be fixed, you really have no idea what the problem may or may not be. I agree, further debate is meaningless.

I'm not sure I have said any different - unless you know something I don't. But then this scenario can apply to most things i.e. you cannot know until you look - unless of course you know different.

| Wed 15 Jun 2016 13:49:42 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlexAD

After much complaining, threatening with the retail ombudsman, Humax agreed to repair / replace my box (1 year 7 & 1 week old). A courier turn up and switched it with another box. It was a second hand box, I know this as it was still registered with the previous owners remote login.

Anyway the replaced box is working at the moment, but I will not buy another Humax the Xtrend ET8500 or the Vu+ Solo SE V2 look really interesting

| Tue 12 Jul 2016 15:59:21 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

AlexAD - 50 minutes ago  » 
    , but I will not buy another Humax the Xtrend ET8500 or the Vu+ Solo SE V2 look really interesting

Having read the specs on the above I find it interesting that you find it interesting.

| Tue 12 Jul 2016 16:50:59 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Faust - 46 minutes ago  » 

AlexAD - 50 minutes ago  » 
    , but I will not buy another Humax the Xtrend ET8500 or the Vu+ Solo SE V2 look really interesting

Having read the specs on the above I find it interesting that you find it interesting.

I've read those specs also, and I find them interesting. So maybe you would care to explain what you find interesting about the fact that others find them interesting. I'm interested in knowing.

| Tue 12 Jul 2016 17:39:13 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

I haven't read the specs but I'm guessing they are more interesting than a Humax freetime box that can't detect a hard drive.

| Wed 13 Jul 2016 8:47:32 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

hughmclaughlin

Reffub - I couldn't agree more. Well done AlexAD in getting Humax to replace the faulty box(which is more than I could do!). I have no interest in where the problem lies(hardware or software, Humax or Freesat) but the number of frustrated users on this forum alone indicates that the product is unreliable and the support service is non-existent.

| Wed 13 Jul 2016 11:35:15 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.