My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1010S issues with forgetting menu settings?

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Altairst8te74a

I recently purchased an HDR 1010S. There are a few niggly issues in an otherwise superb little pvr box:

1. I turn off On-Screen Prompt only for it to eventually turn back on, which results in annoying on-screen nags "Would you like to watch this in HD?". Driving me nuts now!

2. When we first bought the box, a screen came up telling us about smartphone apps etc. You tick the box and that should be the end of it! But no, it comes back over and over again.

3. Automatic powerdown. I turn it off, eventually it turns back on again and has caused the box to turn off halfway through a film or programme.

4. Recording padding. I set the before and after padding to 10minutes as I know sometimes a channel will be late and the whole lot gets pushed around timing wise resulting in missed starts etc. Why does this keep reverting back to default?

Apart from that the box works great! the shared media stuff is brilliant.

Thanks

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 12:10:21 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Not at all normal. What you describe should only happen with a reset to default.

Can you clarify "Eventually". I assume that you means it sticks for a while. Might it be after a power cut? (Which should not cause it.)

Do you normally leave the unit in standby, or turn of the power at night? I ask as the unit takes a small amount of time after it is put in standby, to save it's settings and fully power down.

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 13:09:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Altairst8te74a

Hi

The unit is always left in standby at night, never turned off at the mains. The settings stick and then the first signs are always the on-screen prompts for HD Defination. Then this is always prooved right by checking the menu settings. Why will they not stay set to what I want? The box is connected via HDMI nothing else.

Apart from that I am very pleased with this box.

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 16:31:09 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Altairst8te74a - 20 minutes ago  » 
    Hi
    The unit is always left in standby at night, never turned off at the mains. The settings stick and then the first signs are always the on-screen prompts for HD Defination. Then this is always prooved right by checking the menu settings. Why will they not stay set to what I want? The box is connected via HDMI nothing else.
    Apart from that I am very pleased with this box.

Can you clarify, you shut down the box on a HD channel and it boots up in a SD one, and prompts you to switch to a HD one ?

Normally the box should boot to the last used channel.

If so have you a power on/off setting that switches the box on/off on a SD channel ?

Have you recordings from a SD channel after putting it in sby ?

The SD/HD link is down to the broadcaster.

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 16:54:34 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

One more question - If you reapply the settings you want and place the unit in standby for say 5 mins then disconnect the power for 5 mins. On reconnecting the power the unit will power up and then return to standby (after setting it's clock). Now if you boot it are the settings as desired or not?

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 18:02:50 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Altairst8te74a

We tend to just leave this box on SD channels. But I have noticed that in every single HD channel, we cannot turn the sound up and down with the box remote and in some rare cases the box has lost sound alltogether. But I have this niggly doubt the TV could be the culprit as if you turn the TV off, and back on all is well with the sound.

I have done the 5minute standby thing whilst leaving the channel on BBC1 London in SD (950)

Double checked all the settings were where I wanted them. Powered down into standby, waited 5minutes and powered off at the mains. left it for 10minutes or so as I was helping my son with stuff. Came back and powered up. All settings are still intact.

Time will tell! This is what happens, sooner or later we will get a nag screen suggesting watching in HD and then all the settings revert back to stock.

We shut the box down almost always on an SD Channel. Then it will prompt at anytime to watch HD.

The last channel used always works.

Not sure about power on/off for SD will look!

I will double check recordings in SD mode whilst in standby but I think there are and it worked fine.

Fun and games

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 15:31:07 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Your problem with HD sound is normal - you can modify it in settings change the sound setting from Multi-channel to stereo.
    With Multi-channel most HD audio is passed to the end device alng with the picture for it to decode. With the stero setting the Humax will decode it and reduce it to stereo.

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 15:46:18 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.