My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1010S Setup problem

(8 posts)
  1. Yorkshire_Brian

Yorkshire_Brian

Hi All,

I know you shouldn't tamper with a working system but, on a new piece of kit it is useful to know what all the menu options there are and what they do.

However, receiver purchased last Saturday (1/12/2013), unpacked, connected to single LNB, went through the setup wizard etc... Working box inside 20 minutes. So far so good...

Connected to broadband by WiFi (5Ghz band)

Changed code on remote as it conflicted with existing Humax T2 box..

Setup and viewed HD recordings, been using it all week

Fast forward to this morning...

Looking through menu options, I switched box into Non Freeview mode... it searched for and found loads of channels (either SKY or duplicates) Soon got bored with that... Couldn't find menu option to switch back to Freeview mode...

Did a factory reset...

Which is where we are now...

Box powers, Welcome screen appears, click on next, picture and sound settings box appears, click on next, signal test screen appears.

Box just sits there searching for satellite signal... and sit's there.... until you turn it off. Although I have seen it get to the screen where you put your postcode in, then it says it isn't connected and hangs there...

So far I've reverted to the Labgear tuner which worked before, and that works fine on the same cable/LNB/dish...

Replaced the Humax Box... same problem as before...

Suggestions please... Is the box faulty? if so is it a return to dealer or Humax?

Is there any way of bypassing the wizard on start-up?

Regards,

Brian

| Sun 8 Dec 2013 18:01:46 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

You could always ask a neighbour or family member who has a dish if you could try your box on their setup just to see what happens. If no joy then a replacement may be in order.

For future reference, when in non freesat mode pressing the Home button on the remote brings up an option to revert back to freesat mode.

| Sun 8 Dec 2013 18:16:25 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Using the labgear box check this transponder for reception.

11428.00 H DVB-S QPSK 27500 2/3

For reference you get out of non-freesat using the home button.

| Sun 8 Dec 2013 18:16:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donj

Have you tried both LNB inputs.

| Sun 8 Dec 2013 18:28:59 #4 |
  5. Yorkshire_Brian

Yorkshire_Brian

Thanks for the replies guys..

Graham,

I get Signal Intensity 42% and Signal Quality 7% i.e. noise on the transponder you describe as opposed to 84% and 72% on 109210.00 H 22000.

Can you explain the significance please, internet searches say this is a French Sports channel.

Donj, one if the 1st things I tried was trying the other input.

I can't get it back to the dealer before Saturday, so if anyone has any bright ideas before then may well save it from being returned for a refund, it the boxes are that fragile software wise then I can manage without it and go back to my T2.

Regards,

Brian

| Mon 9 Dec 2013 18:43:16 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's the Freesat home transponder on Eutelsat 28A (28.5E), without reception you can't set up the box (All Freesat boxes need to download the postcode database to verify the postcode you enter).

Also you won't get automatic software or channel changes without access.

It's likely to be a dish alignment or cabling fault issue.

| Mon 9 Dec 2013 19:20:27 #6 |
  7. Yorkshire_Brian

Yorkshire_Brian

Graham,

Think you've hit the nail on the head with that...

Dish is on The Astra group on 28.3E, from my location Azimuth and elevation are very close to Eutelsat 28A, However, the skew of the LNB is quite different which is probably where the problem is.

I'd seen references to the EPG feed being on a "spare channel" but didn't know which one until now.

The only confusing bit (for me anyway) is why it worked out of the box, then when I'd done a factory reset refused to connect at all.

Thanks for all the replies

Happy viewing

Regards,

Brian

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 19:08:20 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If the box had been setup before it would have appeared to work OK as the epg is also delivered along with the programme data. There is a number of channels from Eutelsat 28A.

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&sat=57&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

You are correct about the skew, a compromise is required.

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 19:28:06 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.