My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1010S start up Problems

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lewisdl

I bought a HDR 1010s at the weekend and installed it without any problems. Also managed to install the freesat app on my phone, pair it with the box and that worked too.
    However turned it of that night by putting in standby and then had trouble getting the box and TV to work again in the morning.
    I turn the TV on first ( a Sony Bravia) and then turn the Humax on via the remote. The box then displays the <free time> message and then the channel name, but I get no picture on the TV. I try turning the TV of with its remote and the Humax goes into standby mode.
    Eventualy after about 10 or so goes at turning restarting via the standby button it works and everything is ok. I rang Humax customer support yesterday when the Humax wouldn't start properly and they suggested changing the channel via the P^ button and sure enough I got a picture.
    So this morning I turned on the TV then the box and the same thing happens I.e box goes through its start up, displays channel but I get no picture. Tried changing channel and the box displays the new channel but still no picture. Had to putt the box in standby about 10 times and then it worked.
    IS this normal or am I doing something wrong when I start up or have I got a faulty box.? Any help gratefully received as I love the functionality of the 1010s in all other respects.

| Tue 21 Oct 2014 7:35:52 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Several suggestions:
    1. Firstly make sure the HDMO cable is well seated at both ends.
    2. Try turning off Bravia Sync on the TV and put both the TV and HDR-1000S into standby.
    3. Turn on the TV and wait say 5 seconds before starting the HDR-1000S. Current TV's seem to take longer to boot and it might not be ready to handle the control handshake from the HDR-1000S.
    4. If none of the previous work try changing the TV source away and then back to the correct HDMI TV port.

| Tue 21 Oct 2014 8:18:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lewisdl

Many thanks for that.
    Looks like the issue was with the HDMI cable. I touched it and the picture came up imeadiately. I used the old Cable rather than using the new cable that came with the box. Changed them over and box booted up as it should.
    Hopefully that's got things sorted.

| Tue 21 Oct 2014 11:31:15 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.